In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Oh no

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
Illinois Governor Signs Bill to Put Deer Herd Under Local Control

From U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance

-- Local control gives anti's the edge.

September 14, 2007 (Illinois) -- A new Illinois law will endanger hunting by stripping the Department of Natural Resources of its authority to regulate deer populations.

On Aug 28, Gov. Rod Blagojevich signed HB 3425. The provision will allow local governments to manage deer herds using methods other than hunting. A local government that conducts a DNR-approved study of alternative deer population controls in addition to hunting may now unilaterally implement the alternative methods deemed useful.

"There is great danger in a law that diverts wildlife management decision-making away from the state, which has the resources and expertise to make such decisions," said U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance President Bud Pidgeon.

"Putting wildlife in the hands of local governments makes it easier for anti-hunters to strike against hunting, not to mention the fact that it creates a patchwork approach that will * successful wildlife management."

House Bill 3425 creates a slippery slope. Today, the call is for local control of deer herds, but anti-hunters will run with the concept and advocate local management of all hunting and trapping.

House Bill 3425 passed the House of Representatives on April 17, by a vote of 70 to 40. It passed the Senate on May 31, by a vote of 33 to 23.

For more information about how you can protect your rights as a sportsman, contact The U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance, 801 Kingsmill Parkway, Columbus, OH 43229. Phone (614) 888-4868. E-Mail us at info@USSPORTSMEN.org. www.ussportsmen.org

Comments

• Options
    A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    oh my god....could you imagine if it spread throughout the country, I like the ODNR(ohio), it makes everything about hunting easier, rules, regs, website....if they stripped it of its power that would be terrible
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Man your state is going down the chitter.[B)]
  • Options
    HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    So, Bang, have you been convinced that it is time to move?

First the firearms laws, now this?

Illinois is a prime example of what happens when political correctness and Marxism are allowed to trump common sense and liberty.[V]
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HandgunHTR52
    So, Bang, have you been convinced that it is time to move?

First the firearms laws, now this?

Illinois is a prime example of what happens when political correctness and Marxism are allowed to trump common sense and liberty.[V]

No, not yet. My I still have hunting and fishing. In a few more years maybe. We'll see what happens.