In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Checked

Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
Checked on some of my stands Sun. One had a huge log that had floated up to the base of the tree. I don't remember the river getting up that high but it must have. One that I have in an old hedge row, the strap had been chewed up and needed replaced. My shooting lane, which has always been clear, had a branch grow down to block it. It should be a sight. Me on the four wheeler, pole saw in hand, trying to saw through a huge hedge branch. 2 out of 4 stands isn't bad.

13 days and counting.

Comments

• Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Wanna borrow a chain saw? [:D]
  • Options
    DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The */squirrel's found my hot-seat over the summer in one of my stands and completly emptied it of its contents. Now I have styrofoam confetti all around that one. One of the others is home to some giant woodspiders and the floor is covered in berry flavored granola bars left by the raccoons for me[xx(]. Going to be an interesting opening day![;)]
  • Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1
    Update. Get out there, park the 4-wheeler under the branch, extend pole saw and start sawing. I get about 1/2 way thru this 7" hedge branch and it starts creaking. So I get the wheeler out of the way, throw a rope around the branch, hook it up to the wheeler and give it a pull. The dang branch starts breaking about 10' UP the branch that I've worked at sawing. So that's why it was in the way.