In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

tree stands

A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
I need another one think i am gonna ask for an early b-day present this year...I really like the lone wolf climbers but i dont have that kinda money...anyone know of a brand that fold up like a backpack but is also light? somewhere in the 100-200 dollar range

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Hi All...I have several tree stands that I want to sell. Is there enough hunters on gunbroker to warrant me putting the up for sale on the auction side?

THX,
    hilltopfarm@charter.net
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm looking to buy a tree stand for next deer (modern firearm)season. I know this is the bow hunting forum but I figure you guys would be the most knowledgeable about the topic. Plus I would like to get into archery later, so why not get one now. I think I want a climbing tree stand, also around $100-$200.

1.What should I look for in purchasing one?
    2.Any small details/accessories that are nice to have?
    3.Looking at the cabelas cable elite SS climber tree stand. Any good?
    4.Other brands/models I should look at?

Thanks in advance for the imput for I won't be able to get online for a few days to answer any questions...my internet broken.
  • Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Summit bullet and roadhead stands fold, but they are be a little more than $200... 270-300. Very good stands, and much more comfortable than LW or any of the others I have been in.
  • Options
    ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hunter veiw from wal marts 89- 189 price range
  • Options
    ladamsladams Member Posts: 604 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a grizzly climber that I bought from Wal-mart a year or so ago, comfortable well made sturdy and fairly light. I got it on clearance for 50, but regular price was 100 i think.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Summit is the most comfortable that I have been in. I have the Viper X5 and could sleep in it all day.........I mean hunt all day.

Mine in '05 was $269 delivered. Not sure what they run now but they don't fold, I think 18 lbs. Could be a bit off but pretty darn light.
  • Options
    LmbhngrLmbhngr Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am PO'd for you about the theft. SOBs should hung by their jewels. I'd fear for the person if I caught them in the act of stealing my own.
    Anyway, Summit makes a compact climber called a Mega Bucks Bushmaster. I believe it is now a Cabela's exclusive. They're $169.99 and weigh 18 lbs. Mine, a 16lb version, is on it's 8th season and is easy to climb and comfortable to hunt out of. I wanted a lightweight, portable climber and my Bushmaster has been everything I wanted it to be. Last year Summit even sent me a brand new platform because the supports on my original were bowed in...bent. They told me they didn't want me hunting out of it and sent me a complete current generation platform gratis. That alone is reason enough to buy a Summit product.

Good hunting...