In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

makes me suck to my stomache

A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
Okay let me start off by saying i am a college student, i'm 18, and barly hunt as it is. So heres my story of opening day, I go to my stand, GONE. Somoene swiped my climber that I had deadbolted around the tree. They cut the lock off and jacked the sucker, i found a piece of my cable laying there which made me realize they cut the poor thing to shreds before getting it off the tree. So not only did they steal it, but now they can't even use it. It makes me sick, I am broke as it is and that thing was 200 bucks, my parents won't buy it for me and we only have three stands that are perminant in the woods which sucks for me...so after I realized i was F-ED, I ran up to where we had a perminant stand built 5 years ago. Sat there till 11 saw 8 deer. One pretty nice shooter buck, a button buck, and 6 doe....most deer I ahve ever seen in one day but also my worst hunting day[:(] Its people like this that need shot in this world, I am a kid, I am the next generation to hunting and you are gonna steal my stand? Wish i knew who did it, i would introduce them to my twelve gauge [:D]But anyways, how'd you guys do? (sorry had to vent a little)

Comments

• Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Having your stuff stolen sucks! I'm sorry to hear your story. Just one more reason I will not leave anything in the woods again.

July my camera, and 4 3-D targets were taken. That was a spendy lesson. Similar story... Cut a tree down because they couldn't get through the cable. I found that out in the ditch where people park for this woods. The worst part I am one of 2 people that bothered to get permission to hunt this woods.
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Yep, I've been there too. tough break, man.

ain't nothing worse than a thief...

ain't nothing worse than a tree stand theif!

Ben
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Sorry to hear it man.[:(!][B)][:(]
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    bummer Cant stand a theif[V]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    turns out I was 5 feet onto a narrow strip of land that a jerk owns, his wife rides a fourwheeler and she cut it off, they gave it back to me I am trying to make it worth using...
  • Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by A.Gun
    turns out I was 5 feet onto a narrow strip of land that a jerk owns, his wife rides a fourwheeler and she cut it off, they gave it back to me I am trying to make it worth using...

Nothing worse than a thief. But, If you were on their land, I hate to say it but you were in the wrong, 5' or not. Make it work and get one!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    he told me his wife cut it off and told him to destroy it, he has no problem with me hunting there but his wife is anti hunter, funny their son hunts, hes in the service though....