In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Yeah!!!

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
Happy opening day to those waiting on the 1st!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Yep its here, but I'm at work S@####$@T&*(^%&Y&%%%^$!@[B)]
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,250 ******
    edited November -1
    I also am at work. I'm going out tonight. I just hope that this wind dies down some.
  • ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    RIGHT BACK AT YA!!!!!!!!!! Just hope there not all dead when I get out today!!![:(]
  • mschexnamschexna Member Posts: 194 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I went Saturday....and hunted the Sam Houston National Forest here in Texas just North of Houston......

Didn't have much luck with the full moon and the heat.....had a few does come into the area but nothing in range.also had a pack of hogs that worked there way thru my area but they where on the move and didn't stop to smell the roses....but it was nice to get in the woods for the first time this season....
    edited November -1
    I,m dyeing to get out there, But kinda warm here and windy I dont want to trash the area by rushing in after work so unless sonthing changes. I wont be going. I will hold off when I can slip in in the dark this weekend and see waht happens... Kinda bumming but I think it;s the right thing to do[B)]
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Its supposed to get to 72 today. still cant believe all the dead deer round here. I'm stayin out of the tree line for a week or so.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    Its supposed to get to 72 today. still cant believe all the dead deer round here. I'm stayin out of the tree line for a week or so.
    seeing the dead deer would really bum me out That sucks.. the heard will recover.. hopefully not too many deer with good genits were lost before breeding..[:(]
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    These guys all died with in the last few weeks, none were in velvet. Well the bucks anyway hard to tell about the doe.
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't even have my tags yet. Been working 60+ hours/week for 2 months.[xx(]
  • A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    found a doe skeleton, wide out in a field, I suppose it was a doe...didn't find any clue of antlers or holes for antlers..
  • ladamsladams Member Posts: 604 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Went out this evening, even though it was kind of warm. Unfortunately right as I got into my stand a nice storm front came through and it started raining, that pretty much put the deer in for the evening. Won't get out again until Friday evening.
  • chilisbowhunterchilisbowhunter Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I went out into Sam Houston Nat'l too on Sat morning... I saw about 20 doe in about 1/2 acre feild... A spot that was not able to be hunted!!! Man, they know what's up already!!! I could sure use some direction of where to hunt in these woods... It's SO THICK! Like trying to walk through a wall!!!