In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What a Night

Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,197 ******
I saw a total of 30 tonight. Had a couple of does come out to feed in the bean stubbble to start the night out. Unfortunately, I'm sitting on a picked corn field. 20 min. later, the deer just started filing out of a field about 400 yards away. It started with a group of does, then a few small bucks. Then a decent 8 came out. A couple minutes later, a pair of does and a MONSTER came out. He went straight to one of the scrapes that I posted about yesterday. He pawed the ground and worked the overhanging branch good. He would pause and check the other bucks then go back at it. He ambled to the field to eat while the smaller bucks sparred. The 8 finally went over to show his dominance over the 6 and forkies but, he kept his distance from the big boy. I finally had a nice doe make her way to me but when she finally got there and gave me a nice broadside, I drew back and couldn't see my pins. I had to sit there way past dark just to get out of the stand. Pushed one on the way out. Can't wait til Fri. morning.

Comments