In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

button buck problem

A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
See I am the "lucky" one in the family. S.gun, and crosshair and his son really don't get as lucky as me usually when it comes to deer. Well last season I had a button buck live near one of our stands, he practically showed up everytime I hunted that stand, I even named him[:D]. This year I hunted a stand I negated all of last season, hunted it 3 times I have seen a spike all three times, same exact deer, about as big as a retriever. I want him outta there because it seems when he's around I don't see any other deer, this a problem?
I'm a big caller, I love to rattle and snort-wheeze...I rattle and he is there everytime....[:(] (p.s. I have a itchy trigger finger lol)

Comments

• dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Live decoy would not be a bad thing. I have seen it work. Pre-rut rattle him in and wait to see what else comes in for a challenge. Just be patient.
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcso3009
    Live decoy would not be a bad thing. I have seen it work. Pre-rut rattle him in and wait to see what else comes in for a challenge. Just be patient.

I agree totally. Still be careful not to * him. He would probably snort at you for a half hour or longer.

Ben