In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Good opening weekend

r1racingr1racing Member Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
Saturday morning was hot so we gave up about 9:00. Went back out in the afternoo and the rain started then the fog came in. As the fog was lifting a fawn appeared 10 yards to my right ( to small so I passed on it). 10 yards from the fawn i start it make out another deer 20 yards straight ahead big bodied 3.5 year old. I waited for the fog to clear and i can see the 14 inch spread. I glassed him once more to make sure he was a shooter. No luck it's a giant spike horn ( we can't shoot spikes in vermont). I glass the rest of the field and see 10 more deer none come in to range. Sunday evening was cool and calm. I had a big doe sneek up to 25 yards behind me and start snorting for 30 minutes. No shot I was traped behind a pine tree. The doe took off and hung out 80 yards with 14 other deer. I'll try again next weekend.

Comments

• bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Thanks for sharing man!!! Good luck next trip out, let us know how it goes.
  • r1racingr1racing Member Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I talked to my hunting partner and had 17 deer come out from the same posted field and hang out 75 yards away for 2.5 hours tonight. Looks like we need to go knock on some doors tommorrow and see if we can sit on the neighbors tree line were they keep coming and going.