In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

4-1/2 days of hunting

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
And not a shot taken(well by me anyway). Soo hot and miserable. Did 1 evening hunt and gave up on that. hunted mornings only. Saw deer, lots of young deer, coyote. I had one that gave me shot after shot and I finally decided since he stuck around so long and kept teasin me I was gonna shoot him. All the time he's doin this I hear 1 walkin behind me but can't get turned around to see. So I am finally in position to let this guy have it, and I realize that I have a chance to glance behind the tree. Boda bing, there stood a nice shooter buck, in range but on the wrong side of the fence. Well little guy is off the hook now but I was shakin so bad it wouldn't have mattered. The bigger guy must have sensed something cause he changed his coarse and, while on alert but not spooked, walked away.
Good to be out but I'll wait for a cool down before I go again.

Comments

• Options
    A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I feel ya bang, theres a cold front headed ohio's way this weekend, it has me excited allready [:D]
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Just took Thurs off to hunt. supposed to have lows in the 40 highs in the 60
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    hunted from 4am to 7;15 pm Sunday nothing not one deer.. sweated my butt off
  • Options
    A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    how'd u do it buckey?
  • Options
    ladamsladams Member Posts: 604 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The temp gauge in the truck said 91 when I started hunting today.... only stayed for 2 hours I was sweating heavily and the gnats were chewing me alive..... cant wait for the col down that is supposed to be coming.
  • Options
    ChetStaffordChetStafford Member Posts: 2,794
    edited November -1
    I went friday and saturday the only deer I saw was a doe that my head lights hit driving threw the gate It was bad hot here all weekend here also. I hunt in south-eastern Indiana it was 81 when I went back to my truck at 10 friday morning and 79 at 9:30 sat morning
    I did not hunt sunday at all

Going to be cooler this week 60's-40's so I will be getting out in the evening after work and all weekend for sure[:D]