In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Vectrix knocks another one down

dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
In the hot weather I expected to see nothing. My friend and I took down 2 stands and put up 5 in new sports. We sat 3 of the 5 tonight. I shot, Jon saw deer, and his wife could have shot a small buck but passed.

Nothing spectacular, but team 6 can consider points on the board. Just not going to say how many... There is the 50 from my doe last week, and now a buck. I am still working on a buck in Wisconsin, so I will not enter this one until I know I don't have something better going on there.

I have the deer packed with ice in the back of my truck right now. It is still 75 degrees at 11:45 at night. I will have to get it cut quick on Sunday.

Comments

• Options
    HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    Hey dsco, that 50 for the doe doesn't count without pics![;)]

We want PICS! We want PICS!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thats right I forgot pics on the doe. Oh well there are plenty more out there. I'd like to get at least one more for the freezer. I gave the first one away and we usually eat 2 a year. Sometimes more.

As for pics on this one, you will have to wait.
  • Options
    A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hah no worries dcso, hey think u can email me how big the sucker is?
  • Options
    HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    Heck no we don't have to wait. It doesn't count toward the contest unless it is posted in the "Official Contest" thread.[;)]

Bang, correct me if I am wrong.

I think that we should be able to post whatever we want down here but the "official" contest postings go in the sticky thread. That way we can still share and raz each other without worrying about the contest. JMTC.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ok... I will not be putting up a picture because it is a bad one, but the deer is only worth 50 points. I shot it thinking it was a doe. Come to find out it was hiding little spikes behind the ears. Bad mistake on my part, but oh well the season goes on.

I will share the view from the tree I shot that little bugger. It is incredible!
    IMG_1533.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    wow man, can i come hunt with you? lol that is what I dream of, being out in the open in those farmlands/open country, being able to see the deer a ways off, where I hunt by the time I usually see a deer if I didn't hear him he's usually in bow range lol. I really think we only have 3-4 bucks all together in the property I hunt, we lost about 4 last year...one real dandy 8 point, was real heavy biggest deer I have ever seen on the property, some joker shot him in the head with a gun. [:(!]

p.s. in my state the deer have to meet a requirement to be considered a "buck" i think the spikes have to be somewhere in the neighborhood of 6 inches so I believe if urs are shorter, than bang would have to consider ur kill a doe eh?
  • Options
    pre6422hornetpre6422hornet Member Posts: 34 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    A gun,

Here in Ohio I believe if the antlers are 3" or better than you must hang a buck tag on him. I don't have the rule book with me as I am 400 miles from home, but I am 99% sure of the rule.

I always have binoculars on me at all times so I can distinguish yearling button bucks and small spikes. You never know... todays spikes can be the bruisers of years to come.

Pre
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I left my binos in the truck. Otherwise I would have looked closer at him. Bucks here have to be 3" on one or more antlers. Mine was more than double that... Oh well. Still have a Wisconsin bow tag.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HandgunHTR52
    Heck no we don't have to wait. It doesn't count toward the contest unless it is posted in the "Official Contest" thread.[;)]

Bang, correct me if I am wrong.

I think that we should be able to post whatever we want down here but the "official" contest postings go in the sticky thread. That way we can still share and raz each other without worrying about the contest. JMTC.

Roger that!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    no worries dcso, and ya 3" is right for ohio I was just throwing a number out lol
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ok. Here is the little guy. Like I said terrible picture and I really regret shooting this buck. Still looking back I thought it was a doe until I was ready to get down from the stand, and tried to take a picture of it. Then with the 12X zoom on the camera I could see the little spikes.
    IMG_1536.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well you can judge antlers OR, you can say backstraps are backstraps lol
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Not sure on the backstraps, but the t-loins were good on the grill last night![:D]
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Looks like a fat little bugger! Nice shootin.