In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I found my target....

CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
My brother and I went out last night to the property I hunt some 25 miles away. I hadn't been out there yet this year. We got a late start, didn't get out until about 5:30. It's a field surrounded by tons of heavy cover and a walnut grove. It's still 1/2 up with beans. We walked in and got situated. He was about 10yds behind me (he doesn't bow hunt, yet). I immediately noticed, through the trees, a decent doe looking in our direction. She wasn't startled, just 1/2 way alert. She continued feeding and walked up to the fence to come into the field. I nocked an arrow (just in case) and got to my knees. She just stood there for about 10 minutes. Then started walking away.

About an hour later, I hear a hushed "Hey." My brother indicates there was a buck on the other side of the field.

BOY WAS THERE. He was a MONSTER. Apparently, and I didn't hear it, he was about 30yds behind my brother, grunted and took off across the field. He was on a mission for something. I counted him as a 12'r probably pusing a little over 225lbs (alive). An absolute beast.

If it were gun season and I had my Muzzleloader, he'd a been mine!
Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.

Comments