In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

This weekend

Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
Ya'll will have to put the hammer on 'em this weekend. I'm taking my son camping at Eagle Creek and won't be able to go. We are done with football and he starts Basketball next Mon. It should be a nice weekend for both. Mid 60's as a high, lows in the 40's. At the campground there is a resort so I told him we could sneak up there @ 11, eat lunch, and watch the #18 Fighting Illini take care of Iowa. He's looking forward to walking all the trails. I told him if we get there early enough to get permits we could squirrel hunt. I could deer hunt there also but, having a truck camper, I would have to have someone haul the deer home.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Seems like the bucks are on the move now, gonna be pretty good weather in the east this weekend, good luck to all!!! [^]
  • Options
    HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    I am seriously considering taking a personal day tomorrow so I can get in another day in before I leave. It is supposed to be 45 in the morning. Saturday is muzzleloader opener, so there will be more guys in the woods. Should help me out as most of the deer that are on my side of the lease and the ones that come over from the lease next to ours travel by my stand to get to the really thick stuff. I should be able to stick one.
  • Options
    A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think there will be a lot of deer killed this weekend, weather change came in, it went from highs in the 80s to highs in the 50s in ohio, makes me think of fall haha and not summer[:)]
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    Opening day is saturday for me high of 55 and a low of 35 looking good
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I told my boss that I am taking a personal day tomorrow. Low of 43 and high of 73. It is the first cool day we have had since last Feburary, so the deer will be moving. I am going to be in the woods for it all!
  • Options
    A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ya I agree handgun, this weekend is gonna rock I think man!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well, I went out today. I saw a really nice doe with a couple of yearlings. Unfortuantely she was about 80 yards out of range. With there being very little water in the swamp they have worn a trail right through the middle of it as a shortcut. Hopefully with more people in the woods tomorrow they will skirt the edge of the swamp (right by my stand) instead of going through the middle.
    All in all it was a beautiful morning. 45 degrees when I left home. 47 when I got to the lease. I was actually chilly. Had a squirrel dropping acorn shavings on my head.[}:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    We had a good weekend camping. Saw some deer and walked some trails. The football game didn't work like we wanted. The outcome sucked and the resort didn't have the game on. We had to go to Findlay to watch the game. We watched it at the Lumberyard. It is downtown and they have a nice flat screen on the wall and some great 1/2 lb cheeseburgers. Their Mozzeralla cheese sticks were great also.
    Any weekend that you can spend with your kids away from everything else is a great weekend any way you look at it.