In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

SNOW!!!!!

gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
Time to fire up the snowmobile we have about 8" right now and it is still flying. How much did everyone else get?

Comments

• Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Just a dust here.[xx(] I WANT MORE!!!

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Where are you at againg Bang? Oh yeah I almost forgot Merry Christmas
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    East Central Illinois. Merry Christmas to you!![:)]

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    about 2 would be my guess here?[:(] HOWEVER, it's still cold and icefishing appears to be in my future.

Ben
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Yall can all bite me. I woke up thos morning and it was 64 at 6:30. Looks like it will be in the mid 70s here today. Oh well I am going kiteboarding this afternoon. So while yall are bundleing up I will be on the beach...... really I do want some snow [:(]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ben, Icefishing is in my near future as well there are people already doing it around me but it still isn't thick enough to safely take a quad out on so I will continue to wait. I am not die hard enough to have the ice flex beneath me as I walk although I know some who are.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Only prob with the ice flexing is when you find yourself in a mini-pond on top of the ice. If you don't have cleats on your shoes, then it is impossible to walk out of. Most people don't understand the strength of ice, but it is very strong if it is clear. My rule is an inch to walk on, 4 inches for a 4-wheeler, 6 for a car.

Ben

"The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment."
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Whew 1", Ben your crazy, out my way people who do that often have to rescued by the coast guard when the winds pick up and there piece of ice breaks off and they go floating away.
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gogolen
    Whew 1", Ben your crazy,

I thought that had been established a long time ago[?]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    our lakes aren't that big, gogolen. They freeze uniformly for the most part. I would not do that on a big lake. I would not know what to expect. If I can see water, I don't care how thick it is, I'm not going, without someone who is more experienced than I am. If there's snow on the ice, I'm staying close to shore, unless I KNOW it froze solid before the snow. I like to hear the ice crack across the lake. Experienced fisherman know that means it is getting stronger.

Ben

"The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment."
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ben the guys around here are nuts the ice may only go out from land for about 100 yards or so and will be packed with ice fisherman. To me that is just plain nuts, I have tried that before and the ice flexing under my feet kinda turned me off a little. Now I wait until there is a good 4" or so before venturing out. Oh I got my power auger running the other day just can't wait to go and use it.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gagirl
    Yall can all bite me. I woke up thos morning and it was 64 at 6:30. Looks like it will be in the mid 70s here today. Oh well I am going kiteboarding this afternoon. So while yall are bundleing up I will be on the beach...... really I do want some snow [:(]
    Ok I will bite you[}:)]
  • Options
    A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hardly any snow here. Had some, but had a rather warm day on monday and tuesday so most of it melted away. Which made me mad because I needed that nsow for muzzleloader season lol [8D] good luck to all you late season hunters out there, hope ya bag a good one
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I believe the snow cut off about 4 o 5 miles north of us. Up there they had around 6 inches on the ground Wednesday night, around here we had maybe two inches. After that it rained, then froze, then snowed a little more, then rained some more...well you get the idea. [:D] Yesterday our electric went off at 3:40AM came back on around 10AM, but continued to go off then come back on after 45 minutes to an hour all day long. Looks like it stayed on all night though, from looking at the clocks.

So who has had the most snow? Not me, we rarely get much. I did go through a storm one year in Colorado that left almost 4 feet on the ground. I was amazed, the locals said it's common and they even get up to 7 foot sometimes. [:0]