In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I love snow!

ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
YAAAHHHOOO!!!!! We have snow on the ground! It's not much but makes for a good morning to go hunt deer! Sorry for those of you who have to work today!!![}:)][}:)][:D][;)] Wish me luck and good luck to everyone else who's going.[:p]

BAG IT. TAG IT. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT..

Comments

• Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Hope ya get a nice Buck Enos.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Wish we would have gotten more, just a dusting will help to see them though. Hope you get that big boy thats out there.

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Speakin of the big boy I just talked to ENOS a little while ago and he said the big one had bedded down 60yrds from him, I am laughing too because he said, "and he's BIIIG" he kind of had a shake in his voice[:D]. Now that could be the cold weather but I would bet it is something else. Maybe a touch of "the fever"[;)].
    Well ENOS fill us in when you get back I would like to know how it went. I saw deer headed your way when I drove by so I want to know where the meat is??

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine
  • Options
    SunraySunray Member Posts: 773 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You've left a bunch of your allotment all over the parking lot here. There's one guy stuck in front of my truck. One behind and one on the side in the driveway. Will you please get up here and remove your snow?
  • Options
    ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well I watched this buck from noon til 3:00. He got up snd started feeding in the hedge row, All within a few feet for awhile. I then started glassing again and noticed it wasn't him. He was still lying there and I never new there was more than one down there. Finally he got up and fed a little. Didn't have a great view until they started out coming to the rear of me and the first one out was a 1 1/2 old buck.[?] Now I don't know what the hell's going on. I tried to get turned for a back door shot and another buck came out and it had to be the little ones twin[?][?][?]HOW MANY ARE OVER THERE?[?][?][?]
    (I never even saw any go in there in the first place) Then a third buk came out and he was a soso I think eight. Then finally the biggest one appeared[:)] He wasn't quite as big as he had looked before but still a beautiful rack. Think an eight didn't pay attention to the rack at this point. I would guess him a 130 maybe more, But for being 1/4 mile from my parents house where I grew up where never used to see few to any deer at all,He was a monster! Well they kept quartering away towards a creek and didn't offer a shot. Now I had already flubbed on a doe earlier in the morning(Bow limb hit on the side of blind and sent arrow cork screwing over her.[B)][B)][:(!]STUPID * Now on the other side of me I had does out in the corn headed right at me. So again I turn around to get set for them well two passed out of range and winded me. GONE. The others weren't real sure what was up and continued in. A small Doe came trotting right in at me and I drew she stopped broadside behind a tree.[:(!] Then she turned and came staight towards me 15 feet away but stopped before a shot was present and didn't like what she was looking at and took off! I tell you the whole day was inncredible. All the action,bucks bedding, little bucks sparring,ETC.
    I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT, I FELT VERY LUCKY![:)]

BAG IT. TAG IT. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT..
  • Options
    daweimerdaweimer Member Posts: 135 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like a good exciting afternoon ENOS[:)]
    Whats this snow stuff yall keep speaking of??[?][?]
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I drug my lazt butt out for three hours today. Didn't see the parade like you did Enos, wow.
    I was gonna take(try to) a decent size doe then started thinking about it freezing overnight, trying to quarter it before our Christmas eve party tonight, and how cold my hands were gonna get gutting her so I didn't even draw as she stood under me. [:D] I don't even regret not shooting like I normally do. [:D]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It is, right now snowing, a snow I didn't know we were going to get. I let my dogs out and have the ground, almost covered. My daughter loves it, wants to go out and play but it is 8pm here. just looked at radar and they say 1-2 inch. Love it, for not knowing it was coming this is great. I am yote hunting in the morning!!! Well if the wife will let me[:I]. Hope santa was good to everyone!!!