In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

post season scouting

headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
anyone do it yet. I found out my stand was in the wrong spot rabbit hunting today. It should have been 60 yards east of where it was, and i saw a weasal too boot. my friednds who like to hear the gun go off wanted me to blast it but i didnt

My old man's backhand used to land,
Hard on the side of my head.
I just learned to stay out of his way.
There's been streetfights, blue lights,
Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest:
It just showed me how much I could take.
Hard times, bad luck.
Sometimes, life sucks.
That's all right, I'm ok.
It ain't nothin' but another day.

Comments

• fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Post season doesn't happen for 2.5 more weeks. This is actually one of my favorite times of year to hunt. I believe that the deer start to move more freely due to less hunting pressure.[:D]

Ben

"The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment."
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Hey, man I'm with Ben I still have 5 more weeks of archery and and late season can be great hunting. plus the freezer is empty. now I'm wishing I shot some of the few early season chances I had. Good idea on the scouting. I usually do that whenI shed hunt[;)]
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I won't be doing any scouting until the end of Feb or maybe even March, our bow seasons runs till the end of January.

weasel huh, pretty cool. I've seen mink and river otter before, but don't believe I've seen any weasel's. (in the wild that is).
    Your friends like to hear the gun go off??? I don't get it....????

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • zr700zr700 Member Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Was out today for 2nd archery. 14 degrees, 5 hours, 1 hawk, and 2 squirrels. [:(][:(][:(!]

Proud NRA member
    "The constitutions of most of our states assert that all power is inherent in the people; that...it is there right and duty to be at all times armed."
    Thomas Jefferson 1824

Made_in_USA_135_Black1.jpg

us-flag1.gif
    IMG_8700145.jpg
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Pretty cold to sit and see only that. Where ya drinking to stay warm? [;)]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    Na no sitting we were walking down fence rows slaying rabbits, I was warm in under armour and a sweatshirt

My old man's backhand used to land,
    Hard on the side of my head.
    I just learned to stay out of his way.
    There's been streetfights, blue lights,
    Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest:
    It just showed me how much I could take.
    Hard times, bad luck.
    Sometimes, life sucks.
    That's all right, I'm ok.
    It ain't nothin' but another day.