In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Any new hunting stuff?

SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
I got gift cards, clothes, a new scent free bag (looks complicated to use[:I]), pepper grinder [^], food processor, electric skillet (thing is huge, old lady must be pregnant or something [B)]), blender [?], Christmas ornaments [?][?][?], superman underwear (without the superman [;)]), and a new in line muzzleloader. Not exactly what I was expecting....I was rather surprised at everything as I opened it. The old lady kept saying she bought me stuff this year she knows I won't guess what it is. Guess I should stop guessing huh. [:D][:D]
I believe all the kitchen appliances stem from last year when she got a new kitchen aid mixer for Christmas, let's just say it wasn't her favorite. [:D]
All the family was good and everything ended safe, hope you all had a joyful Christmas as well.

Comments

• daweimerdaweimer Member Posts: 135 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wow Sus you loaded up! I got a foodsaver another cordless drill ( I guess to go with my other 2[:0]. When do you get to try out the new smokepole and what kind did you get?
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    SUS
    [electric skillet (thing is huge, old lady must be pregnant or something ), /quote] thats hilarious

I got a new summit phyton climbing stand, the thing is huge im going to fall asleep in it guranteed

My old man's backhand used to land,
    Hard on the side of my head.
    I just learned to stay out of his way.
    There's been streetfights, blue lights,
    Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest:
    It just showed me how much I could take.
    Hard times, bad luck.
    Sometimes, life sucks.
    That's all right, I'm ok.
    It ain't nothin' but another day.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Got a scent free bag, absent clothing, a lot of little things that will be handy when hunting (ie small flashlight, small radio, watch) and other clothing and a few fishing lures. I must have been good this year. [;)]

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    daweimer, your gonna love your foodsaver. 3 cordless drills......I only have one, guess I'm lazy. [;)]
    I couldn't find any 209 primers yesterday and all the stores were closed so I don't know when I'll get to try it out. I stopped at two places today in between hunting and neither of them had any 209 primers, they were sold out. It's one of those CVA Optima's with the break open breach. seems pretty decent, I have a in-line bolt action CVA and an old Hawkins. I had one of those fancy Knight stainless steel in-lines, but after the first time I hunted with it the barrel pitted and residue from the bore butter wouldn't clean off so I sold it and only have el-cheapo muzzleloaders now. [:D]

headzilla that's not hilarious, that would make me cry. [;)] sounds like a nice stand, need help breaking it in? [;)]

bang you musta been good this year, guess your wife doesn't read the forum here. [:D][;)] Did she get you any tools for your Dodge? [^][;)]
    edited November -1
    Susp. no tools for the dodge, but she should have got it a leash.
    I had to call her in this morning, she was out chasin' yotes when I got up. Dadgum rams!
    [:D]
    Hey since we are sort of on a black powder subject any input on a pistol. I am thinking 1858, 1860, 1851, .44 any thoughts?
    Oh 2 weeks til my next bow hunt.. I am so feakin excited! I could scream like a little girl!! [:D][:p]
    [;)]

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine
    edited November -1
    Let's patent that truck of yours as a predator hunting machine...sounds like a money maker if I ever heard of one. [:D] Get a leash...LOL [:D]

Bang I have no clue about black powder pistols. What would you do with it? I don't know if it's legal to hunt deer with one or not, I always thought they were mainly just for show. As far a 45 cal, I don't go under a 50 cal in a muzzleloading rifle so I'd go with a higher caliber myself. Might check and see how much of a recoil something like that would have though, but I'm comparing to a muzzleloading rifle so it's hard to tell. Okay I have been absolutely no help whatsoever....see ya [:D]
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I musta been really bad, I got a hooded sweatshirt from my girls and that was it.[}:)] We never buy anything for each other on christmas, it's all about the kids. Now let me forget 1 birthday and i'm the lowest form of scum on the planet.

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
    edited November -1
    taco if your that upset I could send you my extra large electric skillet and possibly pregnant wife. [:D][;)]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was fortunate enough to get a STOEGER CONDOR O/U 12 GA from my wifes grand mother of all people. She has not been around for xmas in a few years and said not to expect this again.[:D] Well I was very suprised! Then learned that BANG was the one to purchase this gun for me clear back in september and I HAD NO CLUE! Well I also got a scent free bag, a big roasting pan, Walls blizzard proof realtree bibs, camera, and some more good hunting stuff and some clothes. Very good christmas for me![:)][:)]

BAG IT. TAG IT. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT..
    edited November -1
    Susp when you say possibly pregnant do you mean there are indications other than the normal crabby woman syndrome?[:D] Coming from a fella that has one that is pg with twins, ship her off or trade her in on a newer model before it is to late.[;)] Ok just kidding, when will you know for sure?

edited November -1
    Susp, I get what I want 364 days a year so i'm never upset with no xmas presents. I'd rather all go to the kids this time of year, not that mine don't get what they usually want any other day[;)]. As for the skillet, thanks but that means i'd have to cook[:D] As for the possibly pregnant wife, i'll put it to you this way.. NOT A SNOWSBALLS CHANCE IN H*LL BUD!![:D][:D] Send her to bang he already has 2 in the oven, 1 more won't be that much more trouble[8D]

edited November -1
    Guys guys guys, I was only making a comparision as to why she got me a huge a$% skillet. We do not have any more gifts on the way. [:D] sorry if I confused you. [:I]

ENOS [:0], you cleaned house man. You got all kinds of good stuff. Any wife who has a grandmother that buys shotguns ROCKS in my book. She got any sisters? [;)]

bang, got plenty of crabby syndromes all the time, but definately no kids on the way. (shouldn't say definately should I, that'll come back to bite me) Okay 99.9% sure nothings in the oven besides pork roast right now. [;)]

taco, I knew what you meant by buying for the kids, I was just razzing you a little [;)] My wife will be sad to know she is not welcome though, well unless she can get some high temp snow from somewhere. [:(][:(][:D][;)][;)]
    edited November -1
    taco, I knew what you meant by buying for the kids, I was just razzing you a little [;)] My wife will be sad to know she is not welcome though, well unless she can get some high temp snow from somewhere. [:(][:(][:D][;)][;)]
    [/quote]

Susp, never said she wasn't welcome I just don't want to keep her. I got one, I don't need 2 women PO'ed at me all the time[;)]. 1 going through the change and another pregnant, i'd just shoot myself[:D]

edited November -1
    [;)] that would be enough to push a man over the edge. [:D][;)]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent