In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Bow season ended Jan 31st for me

SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
Anyone feeling sad for me?

Has anyone seen where bucks are starting to shed? I saw a deer on my way home from work and it sure looked like it shoulda had antlers on it's head. May have been one big doe, maybe....maybe not...????

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent

Comments

• fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    should be shedding, susp. Joe1911 has some pics of bucks and does eating off his back porch. All of the little guys are losing them. I think he lives in New York.

Ben

Edit: No, I don't feel sorry for you. Mine ended on the 15th. In fact, i'm envious. But look at the bright side, The days are getting longer, and Spring fishing is just one month away.[:)]

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Cub's preseason is less than one month away.
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    spring fishing, ah [8)] thanks for the help Ben.

After the floods around here people been hauling in pike from our overflow. Been cold to out for any sharp toothed pike though, they must all be die hards like you. [:D]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Fishing makes me sad[V], I will be selling my boat soon. How will I ever put crappie in the freezer with no boat? Good news I will have a bigger camper for the bigger family. I guess I still have a little john boat, but it just isn't the same can't cruise at 70 to my favorite fishin hole.[:(] All my crappie spots are on bigger lakes. John boat, shmon boat.[xx(]

bang (missing fresh fish)

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    I dont know if they are shedding but i saw a big deer through my 20 power scope last weekend at 500 yards and it looked huge but no horns

My old man's backhand used to land,
    Hard on the side of my head.
    I just learned to stay out of his way.
    There's been streetfights, blue lights,
    Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest:
    It just showed me how much I could take.
    Hard times, bad luck.
    Sometimes, life sucks.
    That's all right, I'm ok.
    It ain't nothin' but another day.
  • ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well sounds to me we need to start looking before them damn coyotes and tree rats get em![^]

BAG IT. TAG IT. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT..
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    John boat, shmon boat.[xx(]

You making fun of people with jon boats [?][}:)][:D]
  • s.guns.gun Member Posts: 3,245
    edited November -1
    I will feel sad for you if you will also feel sad for me.My Deer Huntin is also over for the year and I am Deerless for another season.[:(]

1-Powder
    2-Patch
    3-Ball
    4-Remove the Rod
    5-Do Not Forget the Cap.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Well susp. I guess I shouldn't be makin fun of the john boat. I did do the catch and release before he got to the boat with the biggest fish I ever caught from one. He did the head shake on me. Well you know the story of "the one that got away"[:D]

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine