In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

new season proposals for ny

headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
how messed up is this going to make mt deer season. NY wants to slap a week long muzzle loading season in the middle of bow season for does only. by doing this every deer in the woods will go crazy in there patterns not to mention the bucks that will be shot as does in my neck of the woods. but the up side is they are going to make bow season start on Oct. 1rst not the 15th.

My old man's backhand used to land,
Hard on the side of my head.
I just learned to stay out of his way.
There's been streetfights, blue lights,
Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest:
It just showed me how much I could take.
Hard times, bad luck.
Sometimes, life sucks.
That's all right, I'm ok.
It ain't nothin' but another day.

Comments

• Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Im actually hoping they add the antlerless muzzleloader season-just hope it is in early to mid october.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I also heard they were going to make opening day a Saturday-would be good for me. Since I had a kid, I have been unable to hunt opening day. If opening day is on a Saturday, Ill be out there.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • Options
    PSFD DONKEYPSFD DONKEY Member Posts: 771 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    headzilla97 I feel for you, Wisconsin has a 4 day, doe only gun season in the middle of early bow season before the rut. Bow season hasn't been the same since.
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    now that I have been thinking about it might not be to bad. when the gun season starts every deer around comes to my hunting ground so thats a plus. having opening day on a staurday has it advantages, but the woods will be absolutly scary on opening if it is a saturday

My old man's backhand used to land,
    Hard on the side of my head.
    I just learned to stay out of his way.
    There's been streetfights, blue lights,
    Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest:
    It just showed me how much I could take.
    Hard times, bad luck.
    Sometimes, life sucks.
    That's all right, I'm ok.
    It ain't nothin' but another day.
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    That doesn't sound to bad, it's not close to rut is it?

How can people in your neck of the woods harvest bucks during a week long doe only muzzleloader season? Or do you mean button bucks?

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent