In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

new peep/shooting

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
So I got a different place to shoot inside, thanks to my Dad, He is letting me shoot inside his shop. Anyway I was doing a little shooting last night and I must say I impressed myself. I have never shot so good. I was stickin''em right on top of each other almost everytime and the ones I didn't I knew exactly what I did wrong and could usually correct myself. I believe it has quite a bit to do with the new peep I have and like others have said practice, practice, practice. I know this thread is boring but I was very happy at the results last night and just wanted to share.

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine

Comments

• Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Bang you are doing so well you deserve a pat on the butt... oppps I meant back yeah back. What kinda new peep did you put in? I dont have a peep. Shot with one didnt like it ripped it out and went on with life. I do love my eotech tho.

its all about pucks and bucks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ok lets try this again, I replied to this but nothing appeared. The peep is made by eastman and is a dusk/dawn peep made for low light. I don't remember the exact name. But on another note....

I got my truck back today!!!!!!

Ok what is going on, It hit post and nothing is happening?[?]

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    thought you were going to buy a real truck...lol

its all about pucks and bucks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    A new purchase is not out of the question yet. I will need to drive the ole girl and see how she does. If she still has problems shes out the door like an ex-girlfriend, if not I may keep her around another year.

• Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't really like the peep sights that I have used/tried. I like to be able to see what is around what I am shooting at.
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Good for you, on the shooting and the ole Dodge coming back in your life. [:D]

Once you tell me things are all good with it I will continue my anoying teasing you like so much. [;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Its all good big daddy!!! I mean buddy![;)] I did some more shooting this evening and man I am just killin' myself. I am cuttin fletching and tearin up arrows like mad. Kinda bites but I love the consistency and accuracy.

• Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    how big is the diameter of the peep. Im thinking of adding a new one?

My old man's backhand used to land,
    Hard on the side of my head.
    I just learned to stay out of his way.
    There's been streetfights, blue lights,
    Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest:
    It just showed me how much I could take.
    Hard times, bad luck.
    Sometimes, life sucks.
    That's all right, I'm ok.
    It ain't nothin' but another day.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i can't give you an exact size but heres a pic for reference. I think an 1/8" drill bit would fit through pretty easily.

DSC00124.jpg

• Options
    ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Man are you shooting right now????? If you are I'm very jealous![:D]

BAG IT. TAG IT. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT..
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Hey bang! You dropped a dime in your bow case. [^]
  • Options
    JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,432 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If the peep you are using is too confining and blocks out too much view, drill it out until you are happy. Your eye will automatically center even if the hole is bigger. Works great.