In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Opinions are needed

SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
A fellow bow hunter needs your opinions. Where does a bow hunter go for vacation with his wife? She says hunting trips are out! [:0] Her suggestions include Myrtle, some islands in North Carolina (?), QVC headquarters in Philadelphia, PA (heck NO!), and some Hershey chocolate resort spa (double heck NO!!).
You guys have to give me some good ideas here. The camper is out to. I do believe all my previous vacations have inflected some rage inside of her. What woman doesn't want to pack up the camper and go camping/fishing for a week or two [?] [:D] [:D]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent

Comments

• Options
    MaCTMaCT Member Posts: 276 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If Canada is not out, Jasper or Banff are probably 2 of the most beautiful places on the face of the earth. If they are in to skiing, there are a couple great hills. Shopping is in, and for him, he can marvel at some of the biggest Elk and Bighorn sheep walking around town {no he can't shoot em[;)]} Checkout some of the hotel's {castles{ in the area, better bring the check book![8D]
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Don't know, My wife likes camping and fishing[^]. May as well go to the beach just make sure to wear sun glasses that she can't see your eyes through....you know incase something should walk by[:D][;)].

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine
  • Options
    LmbhngrLmbhngr Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would suggest an Alaskan Cruise. You won't get to hunt but, you could schedule a fishing excursion at one of your stops. There is so much to see and the views are short of breath taking and indescribable with words. It has to be experienced. On the boat you can dress her up and do the formal dining room for dinner, there's dancing, shows, gambling, spas, wine tasting, you name it and then some.
    And...if she doesn't like it then...it's a long, cold swim home...hahaha, er, sorry. [:D][;)][}:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Good ideas. Keep em coming please..[:)]
    I have thought about Canada and a cruise to Alaska, sounds like the cruise may be easier on the wallet.

Bang, no need to rub it in [B)] My wife likes camping and fishing to, but that's where I took her for 3 or 4 years straight and it seems she's a little tired of it now and wants to do something else.
    Why I just don't know. [;)]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    She will love a cruise no matter where it goes there is always somthing to do. You are waited on like your royalty and the price are very afforadable. food any time you want. I have been on two and can't wait to go on another one. I pefer the carribian where its warm.
    [;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The Alaska cruise would be awesome just for the sceenery.

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine
  • Options
    edited November -1

• Options
    edited November -1

• Options
    edited November -1

• Options
    edited November -1

• Options
    edited November -1

• Options
    edited November -1

• Options
    edited November -1

• Options
    edited November -1

• Options
    edited November -1

• Options
    edited November -1

• Options
    edited November -1

• Options
    edited November -1

• Options
    edited November -1

• Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    we got the point Bang....

its all about pucks and bucks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sus... what time of year are you going on vacation? There is a really cool trip up/down the mississippi. Stops include New Orleans and it is on a paddle boat. The history is great and it can be VERY romantic. Take it from a woman give her a week of romance and you can pretty much do just about anything for the rest of the year.

• Options
    edited November -1
    Sorry I have no idea how that happened[:I]. other than this pc is a piece of crap and froze when I hit the post button.

• Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Well just remember: surf fishing is fun.

Ben
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250

I got it!!! [;)]

gagirl, we will probably go at the end of June. We do like the southern atmosphere & the food. I'd love to go to one of Emirals places to eat.
    Ben, surf fishing? Is that the same as salt water??
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ya susp, but you need a long rod so you can cast out past the breakers. It's a lot like catfishing. Cast pole, put in rod holder, crack open beer, and enjoy life until you get a bite, then enjoy it some more. Ahhhh, last time I went to NC I probably fished 10 hours a day. It's 'The Life'.

Ben
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Dont waste your time on one of Emerils places. There are several small restaurants (well not really small) but anyway... thery are owned by the Brennan family. You know the whole breakfast at Brennans.. there is one in the FQ called "mr. B's" OMG the food is incredible. You really are actually better staying to the smaller restaurants in N.O. because you pay for the name and the food is really not any better. If you goto mr B's I HIGHLY recommend the Shrimp Chipewa. I actually went out on a date with a waiter from there just so he would get me the recipie. There are also some really nice riverboat cruises. That is going to be one of our summer vacations too. 7-10 days there and 7-10 days in the mountains fly fishing. If you want the info on the cruises and stuff let me know. New Orleans is one of my favorite vacation spots and I know it real well. There are some awsome small jazz places to sit and have a few drinks and listen to some old old old jazz and blues. It really is awsome.

• Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks Ben, that sounds like my kind of time there. Good reason to get another fishing pole to. The wife can't understand why I have three dozen fishing poles and never take more than 4 with me when I go. Woman! [:D][;)]

gagirl, don't like the bang guy huh. His food on tv sure looks good to me, but I expect the price wouldn't be worth. New Orleans sounds good, not sure about the jazz though. I like country and well that's it. [;)] I'll check on those places.

thanks for everyones opinions!! especially your multiple suggestion there Bang![:D]
  • Options
    daweimerdaweimer Member Posts: 135 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey [8D] I just realized that yall were talking about my part of the world, Breakfast at Brennans is great and my wife loves it, but at $60 or $70 [:0] for breakfast we don't go there much. When we want to get away for a while we will go to New Orleans and stay at a nice place in the French Quarter for the weekend. Some people love N.O. and some people hate it. As for country music sus I love it to but I can't think of any place in the French Quarter that plays it but if you go you should have loads of fun listening to the Cajun Zydeco (which is better the country[:D][B)]) music. To many sites to discuss over there!!!![;)] I would be willing to bet Gagirl knows some of the things I am speaking of!![:I] If you like drinking suds you would have fun!! Plenty of great food and different cultures, if you went you would have way to many stories to post here about your trip!![;)]
  • Options
    hornethornet Member Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi guys, been away for a while chasing white tail deer like everyone else. Sounds like you have a wife that is beyond tired of hunting. Alaska is grate, but get her out of that ice and snow for a short time. Head south of the Masion Dixion line to some wamer weather. A real nice place to visit this time of year is Pigeon Forge, TN. Tourist season is a long time away and rooms are cheap right now. I am heading that up that way in 2 weeks my self. We got a suite at the Econo Lodge right off the main drag for $60.00 per night, hot tub, fire place and king size bed, very nice hotel. Check out the web sight. www.econolodgepigeonforge.com.
    Wine and dine her for a few days and when hunting season roles around next year things will go easier on you when you have a road trip to chase those giant white tail deer. Plenty to do ans see in this area. Tons of good places to eat. And if you want to see a ton of nice white tail take the short drive to Cades Cove and enjoy.

Hornet
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by daweimer
    Hey [8D] I just realized that yall were talking about my part of the world, I would be willing to bet Gagirl knows some of the things I am speaking of!![:I] If you like drinking suds you would have fun!! Plenty of great food and different cultures, if you went you would have way to many stories to post here about your trip!![;)]

If you are close then I am on my way. I love NO and will be there this summer for a week or so. Yes I am very familiar with the FQ and all the little nooks that have the wonderful music and food. You are right it is a wonderful place with more than enough to keep you busy and in trouble. ( not that I get in that anymore since I am now married ). I just try to stay away during Mardi Gras. Been there done that I like it better during the other times of the year.

• Options
    edited November -1
    We discussed it more and we're going to Myrtle I guess. My ideas were not taken with much respect during our discussion. [}:)]
    I suppose I have gotten my way enough and it's time to start giving a little back.
    Will I look funny on the beach in my camo and face net? [:D]

• Options
    edited November -1
    Have fun in Myrtle. Too bad you cant talk her into waiting on the bike fest that is in MB. That is a blast and can be pretty wild too.

• Options
    edited November -1
    We don't have a harley so we would look silly at bike fest riding a scooter. [;)]
    You go to sturgis?

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Suspension
    I suppose I have gotten my way enough and it's time to start giving a little back.

You sure are whipped![:D][;)]

That's okay, it happens to the best of men, eventually.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Cub's preseason is less than one month away.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    [:0][:0]
    Ben how about this though, who wants to stay at the Hilton and who wants the Best Western? I want the Best Western and that's where we're staying. [^][;)]
  • Options
    ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know about the HILTONS but I know most of the Best Westerns have lounges in them or next door!!![:D]

BAG IT. TAG IT. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT..
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Suspension
    We don't have a harley so we would look silly at bike fest riding a scooter. [;)]
    You go to sturgis?

We dont do sturgis it is way too far. I have a Honda Shadow and David has a Yamaha Vstar> I will never own a Harley. They are nice but over priced and you can get just as good (if not better) of a bike for 1/2 the cost. You can always walk thru bike fest. The scenery can be very interesting. Most everything goes when you are at a bike event. Those are the few times I can get away and let my hair down.