In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

headzilla97

SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
That meat grinder you guys use on deer, do you know who makes it for Cabela's? I found a Rand model with a 1.5 HP motor, it seems pretty decent.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent

Comments

• SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Weren't you starting to hunt a new piece of ground? How's that working for ya, got any stands up yet?

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    Sus, here is the one we got from cabelas I dont know who makes it but it makes quick work of the meat

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jhtml?id=0025603516401a&type=product&cmCat=search&returnString=hasJS=true&_D:hasJS=+&QueryText=meat+grinder&_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/search/search-box.jhtml.22&N=4887&Ntk=Products&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=meat+grinder&noImage=0&returnPage=search-results1.jhtml

My old man's backhand used to land,
    Hard on the side of my head.
    I just learned to stay out of his way.
    There's been streetfights, blue lights,
    Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest:
    It just showed me how much I could take.
    Hard times, bad luck.
    Sometimes, life sucks.
    That's all right, I'm ok.
    It ain't nothin' but another day.
    edited November -1
    Thanks!!

• daweimerdaweimer Member Posts: 135 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Headzilla which one do you have, these are the ones I have been looking at! My cheap one has had it!!! I was thinking about the 1HP.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by daweimer
    Headzilla which one do you have, these are the ones I have been looking at! My cheap one has had it!!! I was thinking about the 1HP.

He's got the 1.5hp one. I just got done looking through flea bay for grinders. They have some 1 and 1.25hp's going for around $150 - $200, not sure of the brand names though. A old hunting buddy of mine was a meat cutter and I only ever heard him mention Hobart in the line of grinders so I don't know which ones are good and which aren't.
    I hate to fork out 4 or 5 hundred on a grinder.
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Susp, I bought one a few years ago from K' Merchandise that is great and ran me 80 bucks. Said on the instructions it can grind 2lbs a minute. It's a Oster, i've ground alot of deer, and even used it to grind turkey after everyone is had their fill. I use a coarse blade and make turkey salad out of leftovers.

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
    edited November -1
    taco that sounds kinda girlyish, turkey salad. [;)][;)]

just kidding! Oster huh. I remember seeing some of those listed on ebay. I'll check them out. Thanks!

I just got some of my deer dogs and trail back last weekend and boy is it good. I hope to attempt stuffing sausage or maybe deer dogs once we get a bigger grinder.
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    OK the kitchen loving woman is here... Oster makes pretty good products and they are worth what you pay. Kichenaid makes a wonderful professional mixer that also has a grinder attachment. It will run you about 400-450 for the entire set up but it is a multi tasker and I can not begin to tell you how much I LOVE mine.

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:stuffing sausage

(in my best beavis and butthead voice)

uuhh, huh,huh uuhh, you said stuff sausage.[:D]

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    quote:stuffing sausage

(in my best beavis and butthead voice)

uuhh, huh,huh uuhh, you said stuff sausage.[:D]

That was cool. heh heh, heheheheh
    edited November -1
    gagirl, Already got the kitchenaid with the grinder attachment, it is nice, but I need to go industrial grade for the amount of use it'll get.

bang that was pretty cool. do any other impressions? [:D]

edited November -1
    with that grinder from cabelas you can do a deer in 20 minutes

Hard times, bad luck.
    Sometimes, life sucks.
    edited November -1
    You mean just grinding right? It takes me 40 - 60 minutes just to skin and de-bone one. Maybe I'm being to picky and getting every inch of meat. [:D]

edited November -1
    no just the grinding takes that long. I remember the old days when the older guys would recruit us young pups so we could grind the meat with a hand grinder. the sausage tasted so much better with that one than the new grinder

Hard times, bad luck.
    Sometimes, life sucks.