In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bows for a begginer

meltedbirdymeltedbirdy Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
I am young but am very interested in getting involved in the bow hunting sport. I am an avid rifle hunter but seek the other benefits of bow hunting. I have been looking closely at the PSE Bruin and the PSE Nova and am seeking any suggestions or comments on eihter. I want to know what you like and dislike about them. Thanks for your time and any replies are appreciated.

Cheers,

Blayne

Comments

• Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    either bow is a good choice, I started out on a nova and still have it, its a good bow.

My old man's backhand used to land,
    Hard on the side of my head.
    I just learned to stay out of his way.
    There's been streetfights, blue lights,
    Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest:
    It just showed me how much I could take.
    Hard times, bad luck.
    Sometimes, life sucks.
    That's all right, I'm ok.
    It ain't nothin' but another day.
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    welcome to the forum, Blayne.

I have had two Nova's, and I am shooting one right now. They are a very good bow for the price. I can't blame the bow for anything, it will do its job, if you do yours.

If you have any more questions, don't be scared to ask away.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Cub's preseason is less than one month away.
  • Options
    ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome to GB! I have shot two different PSE bows for the last 15 years or so and don't have any complaints. Like Ben If you do your job it will do it's![^] And as for the Nova I haven't shot one but I'm sure it would be great!

BAG IT. TAG IT. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT..
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Have never shot a PSE but I say go to your local shop and shoot the ones you are considering and see what you think then.

I can't shoot PSE cause then I would have nothing to razz ENOS about[:D]

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine
  • Options
    ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [:0][}:)][;)]

BAG IT. TAG IT. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT..
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One word of advice I can give you is start out with regular non mechanical releases. You learn to control your shot much better and become more precise with it.