In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Garbage

ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
I know it's not bowhunting, but for those of you who don't frequint(SP?) the general forum you should check out the post on talk with garbage man this A.M. I knew of some of this but still makes me think!!!!

BAG IT. TAG IT. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT..

Comments

• Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Saw it, Made me think, burning stuff now[:)]

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Jimmy Boss
    A little background first.
    I live out in the counrty and are garbage is picked up by private contracters for a monthly fee of 15.00. He comes every friday between 4:30am-5:00am. We can pay him by mail or give it to him by hand every 3rd month(45.00).
    Well this mouring I was already up and the wife had the check ready so I walked out to give him the check. He says thanks Mr Boss and we begin to talk about weather and the warming trend comming this way. He loads my trash into the hopper on the back of his truck and leans in and picks up a cardboard box with "Pmc .223 55gr 1000rds" and hands it back to me and says, Mr Boss you may want to keep these kinds of things from now on and burn them in a fire barrel. He tells me that as my garbage man he can tell I have "Lots of guns" He then tells me he knows that I have a .223, 40 S&w, 300, "lots of shotguns" by the hulls and "other kinds of guns" by the stuff I throw away. You should have seen the look on my face he says all the blood drained from it when he told me this.
    He then told me about the thrash rats at the dump that go through the new thrash that the trucks bring in looking for anything useable.
    WTH?????? He tells me that I should start burning anything that could tell folks about me and my way of life. Again WTH????

What are you thoughts on this? Should I begin to worry about my garbage? Should I burn everything? How would you react to this information? Creepy I tell ya.

JBoss......Fear No Fish/peace through superior firepower/The gun manufacturers are not making a dangerous product.
    Bad parents are.

Now that's weird. I sure wouldn't want to look through anyone's garbage. If them big trucks are dumping at the landfill when I'm there I always feel like I need a tetna shot afterwards.
    Our plastics, glass, metal, and aluminum all go to the recycling drop off, I leave one bag a week out for the garbage man, the rest is burnt. Only thing he might now about us is that we through away some stinky stuff. [:D]
    I don't worry much about people stealing anything around here. My trucks usually unlocked with the garage door opener in it if anyones dares to step in at night.[:0] wifes a very light sleeper and I ain't to bad a shot, plus our crazy dog likes to bite and sneak around in the dark. [:D][;)]
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've seen guys crawl through trash when I used to work at a bar just to get the cans to recycle.

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!