In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

took down my last stand

SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
Yesterday afternoon I took down my last tree stand. It was a trying moment in my life. [:p] [:D]
Today I'm watching qualifing for the 500 next weekend, Jr's seen better days.
Kinda boring really, I thought about putting away all my hunting stuff, but decided against that.
Anyone else out there? [:D]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent

Comments

• Options
    daweimerdaweimer Member Posts: 135 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Sus I'm here watching qualifing also. Kinda rainy and nasty[:(] day here. It was nice yesterday we boiled a sack of crawfish[:p]and drank some beers. I need some help how do you insert pics in the forum I have been trying to figure it out with no success( kinda computer challenged)[:I]
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    I leave all mine chained to the tree

My old man's backhand used to land,
    Hard on the side of my head.
    I just learned to stay out of his way.
    There's been streetfights, blue lights,
    Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest:
    It just showed me how much I could take.
    Hard times, bad luck.
    Sometimes, life sucks.
    That's all right, I'm ok.
    It ain't nothin' but another day.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I watched Petty then came back down to the computer, sorta sad. [:D]

boiled crawfish and beer! [:p] sounds good.

To insert pictures you have to save them in a host location, such as [url][/url]
    once saved there you have three choices, URL, TAG, and Img.
    For URL you hit the "insert hyperlink" button on the menu above and paste your Url to your picture [url][/url]
    For Tag, ask someone else cause I never use that one [:D]
    For Img you simply copy your Img link from photo bucket and paste it into your gunbroker message like so.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    It is simply amazing the things you learn when your on the general forums very late at night. [:D] I went for over a year not knowing how to insert pictures or use the links on the tool bar. [:I][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by headzilla97
    I leave all mine chained to the tree

You don't worry about bolts rusting and breaking? I usually replace all the hardware on my stands every couple years. I fell out of to many wooden stands because of weather worn stuff, I don't plan on it happening anymore. [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by daweimer
    Like this?
    http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=pzrc016.d4pv7pq&x=1&h=1&y=4a2eiy

I don't think so. [:0] quote:Cindy has shared photos with you. unless you go by the name Cindy sometimes. [:I] Hey it's all good with me though. [:D][:D][;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sus I check all the bolts pre-season, when I scout to make sure they are good still.

Hard times, bad luck.
    Sometimes, life sucks.
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Before Ben sees this and makes a comment I will. What's that pretty lookin gal doin with that uh guy[:D] Now onto treestands, I leave 2 of mine and do like zilla does when I scout. When I go back to my old stompim grounds I take a climber.

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • Options
    LmbhngrLmbhngr Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use my portable climber and it's hanging in the garage. I don't watch guys driving around in circles/ovals. [?] Bought The Truth 16 last night so, I'm enjoying spring a little early.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    taco413 [}:)][}:)] It's cause she likes me! [^][:D][:D]

quote:I don't watch guys driving around in circles/ovals.
    A question for sure, what exactly is that [?] We were talking about NASCAR baby! [:D][;)]

quote:Bought The Truth 16 last night so, I'm enjoying spring a little early.
    Is that a movie? I'm lost, you got me there.

taco, I'm still mad!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Whatcha mad about Susp? BTW who got the pole? I had company drop in and had a beer with them.

• Options
    edited November -1
    Not sure, I stopped watching to. I believe Jarred or Elliot, Johnson, Gordon are both in the top 4.

I'm mad cause nobody has ever called me an "uh guy", shouldn't I be offened? [:D]

Oops, dinner is ready, gotta go.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Let's get it straight now, I said " that uh guy"[:D] I was just fillin in for Ben in his absence. As for likeing you, that's a good thing, mine loves me just doesn't like me sometimes.[;)] D.J. got the pole.

• Options
    edited November -1
    Lets try 100_1365.jpgthis again
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Great I have now learned how to post pics here!![:)] And Sus sometimes I go by the name Cindy[:X][;)] also DJ got the pole!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    100_1366.jpg
    100_1362.jpg
    Doesn't get much better than this!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well Cindy glad to see the picture posting worked out.[:D] Them crawfish and miller lite sure looks good. Heck that weather looks good to, short sleeves, sunny, and beer outside, gotta love it.
    I was out riding this morning, wearing 2 pairs long jons, wool shirt, fannel lined jeans, carhart bibs and jacket, and a fleece head wrap thingy. I'd much rather been in tha back yard soaking up suds in my tee shirt. [:D]
    I see that dogs still growing. [:)]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    s.guns.gun Member Posts: 3,245
    edited November -1
    Those Crawdads look like Baby Lobster.I'm gonna have to get me some to try.I hear our Giant Eagle Store sell them.What do they taste like daweimer?I like most all Seafood.

Suspension;A.gun and I went to woods today and finally brought home our last two portables.Always bring them in each year and check them over for defects and to lubricate the bolts/wingnuts.We also went to (Wheeling) Cabelas Sat. evening.Had to spend my Gift Cards from birthday.

1-Powder
    2-Patch
    3-Ball
    4-Remove the Rod
    5-Do Not Forget the Cap.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    aww poor miller lite i feel bad when they are mistreated by being boiled

Hard times, bad luck.
    Sometimes, life sucks.
  • Options
    LmbhngrLmbhngr Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sus'...

I'm a minority here as I don't watch NASCAR. I know it's huge but, I don't get it? It's boring. [xx(] Racing to me is balls out on two wheels, draggin' your knees in the corners (more than two) and turning in multiple directions (instead of one). [^]

The Truth 16 is Will Primos' lastest dvd/video in the turkey hunting series. I've been a fan since his first one in '87. Primos is the best out there...the truth.

Daweimer...I've never had crawdads before but, they sure look good. Do they taste anything like their saltwater cousins?? What is the politically correct way to eat them?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well it all depends on how well you season them [:p]. Most of us down here have our own different ways to season them. Everyone claims to have it down to a art, I know I do[:D]! But as you boil them most people throw red potatoes, mushrooms, and corn in when you are boiling them[:p]they really come out tasty!! As for eating them (when I sit down I usually eat about 8Lbs of them[:0] )first thing
    I do is pull the head off, suck the open end of the head and squeeze it to get all the juice out (some people don't do this but it is the best part of eating them if you ask me)next you just peal the tail as you would I shrimp, and if the claws are big enough you can eat them too. If you ever get the chance be sure to find out what yall are missing!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by s.gun

Suspension;A.gun and I went to woods today and finally brought home our last two portables.Always bring them in each year and check them over for defects and to lubricate the bolts/wingnuts.We also went to (Wheeling) Cabelas Sat. evening.Had to spend my Gift Cards from birthday.

I still haven't gone down there yet, is it nice? I heard it was just an outlet store with no displays, then someone else said it's a really nice setup...??? I'd rather hear it from someone that knows.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Lmbhngr
    Sus'...

I'm a minority here as I don't watch NASCAR. I know it's huge but, I don't get it? It's boring. [xx(] Racing to me is balls out on two wheels, draggin' your knees in the corners (more than two) and turning in multiple directions (instead of one). [^]

The Truth 16 is Will Primos' lastest dvd/video in the turkey hunting series. I've been a fan since his first one in '87. Primos is the best out there...the truth.

[:0][:0] you said minority [;)] Guess who doesn't like to watch football? Yep, yours truely. I used to think racing was hanging off a dirt bike or quad going over a triple, but my body started teaching me different when I rounded out at 25. It showed me how nice the couch was in front of the TV on Sunday afternoons. [;)]
    I'll have to check out that Primos videos. They make calls to right?
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Taco, thanks for filling in for me in my absense. Here are two likely explanations: 1. She has lost well over 100lbs in the past couple of years. OR 2. Susp, is well hung. (possible, but highly unlikely).[xx(]

One more question, Susp: Why don't you have your leash on? Still groggy from the tranqs?[:D][;)]

Daweimer, who woulda thought you had such a perty smile?[:0] But, damn the luck. I can see the finger from here.[;)]

Ben

P.S. The only stands that I leave up are the ones that are so heavy, I hope some * tries to take. Other than that, I'll leave my deerme's in, and take the stand down.

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Cub's preseason is less than one month away.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    [:0] Well Ben she wasn't fat so......[^][:D]

What leash? Big dogs don't need no stinkin leash! [8D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well then, your neck tie hides your shock collar well.[:D]

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben

Ben

Them suckers hurt! No joke, I've been zapped by my trainer collar I use on hounds when it was at full charge and I did a test run on our dogs invisible fence collar. The invisible fence one was cake compared to the trainer collar. [:D] Now I feel silly I told you all that. [:o)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I love where these conversations go from tree stands to crawfish to getting zapped by dog collers

Hard times, bad luck.
    Sometimes, life sucks.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by headzilla97
    I love where these conversations go from tree stands to crawfish to getting zapped by dog collers

[:D][:D]
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Suspension
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben

Ben

Them suckers hurt! No joke, I've been zapped by my trainer collar I use on hounds when it was at full charge and I did a test run on our dogs invisible fence collar. The invisible fence one was cake compared to the trainer collar. [:D] Now I feel silly I told you all that. [:o)

Ok I have to tell one too, my brother in law tested our invisible fence when we first got it. It zapped him he said ouch then a few other words...then my wife says "that didn't really hurt did it? Let me try"[:D][:D] Yep, thats my girl.

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Those shock collars do hurt, and susp is right about the radio collars. I had a dog that didn't care about electric shock though. We bought an electric fence, and trained him to it, and he would walk the perimeter of the yard until it beeped, then slowly walk up to the edge until it zapped him, yelp, and take a half a step back and repeat all the way around the yard. So we thought, we'll cure this. Mind you this is an 18lb dog. We got the big prongs w/ the extra two wrap around prongs(4-total), with the largest battery offered. I carried it through the fence around my arm, and it left 4 marks. It still didn't work on that dog, only thing it made him do was yelp louder when he would chase a rabbit out of the yard.

But those radio collars are constant shock until you let go of the button--OUCH!!! It doesn't hurt nearly as bad as a cattle *, but it hurts nevertheless.

Ben

P.S. You see how this works headzilla? You just go with the flow.[:D]

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I sure am glad I'm not alone now. At least a few other people have also been zapped by the dog fences. [:D]

Hey how come this topic is soooo wide? At work it looked fine and I could ready everything without scrolling over, but home I have to scroll from side to side with each sentence, sure is testing my memory!! I don't like it. [:D]

Hey Ben, you mentioned cattle prods. I was at a sale one time and they ran this 4-5 year old white simental (sp?) bull in the ring. They raised the gates an extra 3 foot and this big boy still had a full head length above the fence. Anyway they run him around a bit then he just stops so one guy sticks the electric * to him just as the auctioneer says I wouldn't do that, bam the bull is over the fence in the crowd, people running everywhere. They took three people away in ambulances during that sale. [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Now that is one sale that I'd wake up early to attend. There's nothing like a little mayhem to add a little spice to your day.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg