In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

sweating bullets

SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
I know this isn't about archery, but my wifes gonna kill me come tomorrow morning. I was over in the auction site and found a nice left handed 870 so I bid it up to $120 and won, then got outbid an hour later. I didn't want to go over my previous bid so I panned out and found a new weatherby orion with 4 hours left and got into it for $650 (good buy). I'll be you know what if the person who outbid me on the other gun didn't retract their bid and now here I sit with both. She just doesn't understand and I know she'll be fired up over this, mainly cause I told her she spends to much on qvc. [B)]
Sure hope I get outbid on one of them at least. [V]

Comments

• taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm a lefty Susp, i'll gladly take that 870 off yer hands[:D]

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Could you post picutres on the bruises she will inflict on you[B)]. It will serve as a reminder to the rest of us not to do that.[;)]

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I was nervous as a cat logging in today, but sweet relief is mine. I got outbid on both guns, the 870 only by $5, wish I'd got that one. The weatherby went up to over a grand. [:0]

Sure is nice to be safe again. [:D][:D]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Flambeau DanFlambeau Dan Member Posts: 57 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Geez, is that how auctions work? "And heres your sign"
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Flambeau Dan
    Geez, is that how auctions work? "And heres your sign"

[?] a non rated buyer outbid me on the 870 so I had lost the auction then I bid on the weatherby and won it, then the non rated buyer retracted his bid. what's with quote:"And heres your sign"
    [?]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
    edited November -1
    Was going to ask that same question Susp.

• Flambeau DanFlambeau Dan Member Posts: 57 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm sorry suspension, I thought you meant you won at the auction closing on the 870, just funnin around.
    edited November -1
    No need to be sorry about anything, I was just trying to figure out what ya meant. Guess I shoulda explained a little better to start off with. [:I]

Anyway, onto to better things...good to have ya around flambeau, a bit of a duck hunter I assume. [:)] welcome aboard
  • ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey what's up! Since were talking about guns on this post I'll tell you bout mine. Just ordered a New England .223 from wally world MONDAY and picked it up ALREADY [8D] yesterday! Love the fact that it wasn't even a week and love the gun! Bang and I shot it a little yesterday before we went to ROCK'S and was very happy with it.[^] Havent sighted the scope in yet, but shooting close at a UM A BEER CAN (it's ok it was empty[:D]) it was very close. So it shouldn't take a whole lot of adjusting. I feel sorry for the next YOTE I see!![:D][:D]

BAG IT. TAG IT. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT..
    edited November -1
    you getting additional barrels for that enos?

• fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    wakashacrack

HUH[?] [:D][:D]

edited November -1
    OK, first things first Ben's shut off. 2nd Susp I don't think the wife would approve that right now.[xx(] This will be the second gun I have gotten in the last three monts and still am waiting on a 9mm I have on order.[:p][:p] I sure will keep it in mind for the future.

edited November -1
    Ben [?][?][?] You okay?

Enos, is it a handi rifle you got?

edited November -1
    Yes it is Susp. It's a SB2-.223 Handi-Rifle. I think I am going out here shortly and sight in the scope![:p] Then I might check into a new coyote call too![^]

edited November -1
    Oh come on you guys. Don't you know what a half-inebriated screen characterization of a whip cracking looks like[?][?][?]

Ben[V]

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Cub's preseason is less than one month away.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ENOS29
    Yes it is Susp. It's a SB2-.223 Handi-Rifle. I think I am going out here shortly and sight in the scope![:p] Then I might check into a new coyote call too![^]

Got your e-mail. Didn't know if you had heard of the barrel program from H&R or not. It's a pretty good deal.
    http://www.hr1871.com/barrelAcc/index.htm
    edited November -1
    They sent a brochure(sp?) with all the different barrels for them. I'm sure going to keep it in mind![:)]

• bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Wow! lookin' at that web site it looks like you can have whatever caliber rifle you want. How cool, I may have to make a purchase and keep it hidden so she don't use it on me.[;)]

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine
    edited November -1
    Susp, this is just an idea--I'm not sure if it would work. But, have you tried to put a parental lock on QVC. That would be funny.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Cub's preseason is less than one month away.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    Susp, this is just an idea--I'm not sure if it would work. But, have you tried to put a parental lock on QVC. That would be funny.

Ben

[:D][:D], No way, that place sends her invitations to special meetings, dinners, public get to gethers, it's like she is part of the family or something. [:0] I doubt they would let me lock out her account. [:D] I told her to move to Pittsburgh through the week and work for them. She didn't like the idea. [:(!]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ENOS29
    They sent a brochure(sp?) with all the different barrels for them. I'm sure going to keep it in mind![:)]

A buddy of mine got three or four different barrels for his, he keeps a cheap scope on each barrel so it's always sighted in. Seems to work pretty good. He's got one in the 06 or else the 308, WOW what a kick. [:p] I wouldn't recommend anything to big a caliber for that gun frame. He has a rifled 20 gauge slug barrel that really throws em out there.