In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

camo selection

furhollerfurholler Member Posts: 780 ✭✭✭✭
An informal poll. What do you prefer, Realtree, advantage or Mossyoak[?]

Personally, I like Realtree the best.[:D]

"Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains...No free government, or the blessings of liberty, can be preserved to any people but by a firm adherence to justice, moderation, temperance, frugality, and virtue: and by a frequent recurrence to fundamental principles."-Patrick Henry

Comments

• ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mossy Oak here![^]

BAG IT. TAG IT. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT..
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Use mostly Advantage wetlands here but looking for something new for turkey hunting this spring.

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif
  • furhollerfurholler Member Posts: 780 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gagirl
    Use mostly Advantage wetlands here but looking for something new for turkey hunting this spring.

smilie_schuetze.gif

I'm growing more fond of the HD (high definition) that realtree came out with. seems excellent for ground blinds.[8D]

"Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains...No free government, or the blessings of liberty, can be preserved to any people but by a firm adherence to justice, moderation, temperance, frugality, and virtue: and by a frequent recurrence to fundamental principles."-Patrick Henry
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Realtree HD here, I hear bang wears a plaid leisure suit when he hunts[:D][:D]

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Taco, haven't heard from him today. Wonder if he is not feeling good from last night at ROCK'S!
    [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][;)]

BAG IT. TAG IT. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT..
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I've just been busy today. When the plad is not working I usually go for the realtree, however I am growing fond of the ASAT. Haven't bought any yet but I think it is on the list of "things to get" before next season.

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I just cover myself in mud and go natural. [:D]

When there's no mud I go for what's on sale. Deer will see you move way before they see a difference in camo patterns, in my opinion anyway.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
    edited November -1
    I hear plaid works well when hunting '70's t.v. cops[:D]

• headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    advantage for me

My old man's backhand used to land,
    Hard on the side of my head.
    I just learned to stay out of his way.
    There's been streetfights, blue lights,
    Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest:
    It just showed me how much I could take.
    Hard times, bad luck.
    Sometimes, life sucks.
    That's all right, I'm ok.
    It ain't nothin' but another day.
    edited November -1
    Sups. I have been considering the mud method but i'm not sure how to apply it, do you roll or smear?[:D]

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    Sups. I have been considering the mud method but i'm not sure how to apply it, do you roll or smear?[:D]

More of a slide technique rather than a roll. Smearing always has a part in it. Sometimes when it's really cold I have to use what I call the bash method, I bash myself into the ice until I make it to mud. That hurts if your body parts are numb from the cold. [:p]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
    edited November -1
    Applys for the position of the girl that gets to cover yall in mud...

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    well, get your resume ready.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Cub's preseason is less than one month away.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    well, get your resume ready.

[

Well since I am the only one sick enough to apply I dont think they will have any other choices.

smilie_schuetze.gif
    edited November -1
    Start rubbin'..I mean smearing... oh never mind[:I]

edited November -1
    Ya'll are just not right, pigs all of you I say. All of you so fired up about her lending a helping hand and not one of ya thought about her. Since none of you were nice enough, i'll apply for the job of doing the camo on gagirl.[:D]

edited November -1
    taco, I do believe you are the first person I have ever known to refer to his pals as farm animals. [:(]

edited November -1
    Taco please take extra care to make sure none of my piercings show thru the camo... and thanks for makeing sure I was taken care of [;)]

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • ilgirlilgirl Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is pretty funny, sounds like you have a goodtime on here. [:X]
    (hope I'm using the smile codes right)
  • LmbhngrLmbhngr Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bill Jordan has it goin' on in the camo department!!!

Welcome ilgirl...yeah, they have fun, post a few cute pics of yourself and they'll all be fawning all over you, too. [:p][:0]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Suspension
    taco, I do believe you are the first person I have ever known to refer to his pals as farm animals. [:(]

If'n I get my way i'd call my pals worse than that[;)][:D]

• daweimerdaweimer Member Posts: 135 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome ilgirl...yeah, they have fun, post a few cute pics of yourself and they'll all be fawning all over you, too. [:p][:0]
    [/quote]
    Sad but Lmbhngr is right[:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by taco413
    quote:Originally posted by Suspension

If'n I get my way i'd call my pals worse than that[;)][:D]

[:0][:0][:D][:D][;)]

edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gagirl
    Taco please take extra care to make sure none of my piercings show thru the camo... and thanks for makeing sure I was taken care of [;)]

smilie_schuetze.gif

[:0][:0][:0] UUUMMMM...... So how many you got?

edited November -1
    quote:
    [:0][:0][:0] UUUMMMM...... So how many you got?

hmmmm.... 8 and 1 tat2

smilie_schuetze.gif
    edited November -1
    8 piercings huh? We could attach small limbs to them to provide you with a 3-demensional effect.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    edited November -1
  • MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    What ever happened to Rock Camo? The stuff that made you look like a big Rock laying there. That stuff worked everywhere.
    edited November -1
    oh, it won't hurt, gg. We'll use light-weight grasses and leaves. Quit being a baby.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
  • ilgirlilgirl Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I tell ya, you guys are just to funny. bow hunting forum, where?

I don't believe I want to post any pictures of myself quote: Lmbhngr, thanks for asking though[:)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    8 piercings huh? We could attach small limbs to them to provide you with a 3-demensional effect.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg

[:D][:D][:D] That was a side splitter!

edited November -1
    Anyone here from or hunt in southern MO?