In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Looking for a little cheap broad....

StihlCuttinItStihlCuttinIt Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
head arrow to use for squirel hunting. My mechanicals cost over $10 a piece so I dont want to ruin them by shooting them in the dirt. Would regular target arrows be okay for squirel?

Joe

Comments

• Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Hey Stihl, how ya been?

I'd probably use a field tip myself, but they do have various small game tips for arrows. Most appear to be reusably since they are mostly just a blunt end.
    http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/index/index-display.jhtml?id=cat600306&navAction=jump&navCount=1&parentId=cat21424&parentType=category&cmCat=MainCatcat21424
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know a guy that uses those judo points when he rabbit hunts after a good snow, catches em sittin and drills them.

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I thought those blunt tips or bludgeon tips looked cool for squirrel. Might be handy to keep an arrow with one of those in your stand for special occasions.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have used just field tips when I used to shoot ground squirels. But you can have a hard time finding the arrow it there is dense grass around!

BAG IT. TAG IT. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT..
  • Options
    StihlCuttinItStihlCuttinIt Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks Suspension! Daggone I never knew about arrow tips like those and Ive even been to Cabelas. Those are some cool speciallty tips. That gobbler gillitine, Id like whack a gobbler with that! The judo tips would be great. Wouold like to see how that bird snare works. The adder tips probably be the easiest. Thanks a lot, I was thinking maybe thay made some kind of small broadhead, but not that many kinds.

Joe
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I was wondering about the bird snare ones to. I use regular old broad heads for turkey, but those do look like they might make the job go quicker.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ENOS29
    I have used just field tips when I used to shoot ground squirels. But you can have a hard time finding the arrow it there is dense grass around!

Since most of the arrows I have used for squirel hunting like this are not my good arrows, I will take and spray paint them lightly with some high visablity paint. Makes finding them easy. I also just use field tips, I don't think there is a need for broadheads, just ruins the meat and more likely to cut into the guts and ruin the meat.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Boy saw the topic did not no if I shoud open thread " looking for a little cheap Broad" well it's gonna cost ya[}:)][:D][:D][:D][:D]