In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

what would you do

headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
I was looking at another achery site that I belong to and this post came up, if you found a tree stand thats not yours on your property or property that only you can hunt on what would you do.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=155860

My old man's backhand used to land,
Hard on the side of my head.
I just learned to stay out of his way.
There's been streetfights, blue lights,
Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest:
It just showed me how much I could take.
Hard times, bad luck.
Sometimes, life sucks.
That's all right, I'm ok.
It ain't nothin' but another day.

Comments

• bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Thats tough, probably set it at the base with note. If that didn't work I like the pick it up at the cop shop or notify DNR of the tresspasser problem. Lots of good suggestions on there but it would be a hard decision on how to handle it.

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine
  • DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would Not take it because I did not OWN the property. However, I am the proud owner of three stands confiscated off of my POSTED property over the years[;)]

Ruric, NE OHIO
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    If it was on my property it would be mine. If on land I hunted and nobody else had permission I'd leave a note and if it wasn't gone in two/three weeks it would be mine to (i'd keep the note there, signed with my address).

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hmm, well I have had some senerios like this.

For one, I had my stand confiscated off of land that I was allowed to hunt by someone. That took about a month or so to get back.

When gun hunting when I was 15, I walk out to my stand and there is a guy in it. Now that pissed me off and I did not know what to do. Went home, my dad was not home and I was just really screwed. Went back the next day, and wouldn't you know, the stand was gone. stupid POS stold my stand. Luckly it was a cheap home made, but still.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    If I owned the property it would be mine also. I would also put a no flash trail camera up to see who was there and proof that they were tresspassing. If it was on property that I had permission to hunt I would check with the landowner and find out if he granted anyone else permission . If he said he did not I would do the same as above.[B)]
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    well, if it was worth anything, I'd take it. If not, I'd cut the straps off of it, and let it lie on the ground. The trespasser is the theif. He's stealing opportunities from your hunt. He's stealing animals from your property. And, most often, he'll steal your stand if he finds it. No mercy for trespassers.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Cub's preseason is less than one month away.
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wouldnt think twice- I would remove the stand and keep it.
    Ifound a stand on someones property, I told him about it, he went out there with a chainsaw and cut the tree down, took the stand.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My land my property simple solution. Hunting on land I have permission, i'd ask the owner if anyone else was allowed on the property. Then take it from there.

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Taco has it!!!!!!![^]

BAG IT. TAG IT. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT..
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by taco413
    My land my property simple solution. Hunting on land I have permission, i'd ask the owner if anyone else was allowed on the property. Then take it from there.

"Hey Vinnie" you robbed my reply. better watch out i'm * to Illinois again this year I'll find ya.[:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy

"Hey Vinnie" you robbed my reply. better watch out i'm coming to Illinois again this year I'll find ya.[:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy

"Hey Vinnie" you robbed my reply. better watch out i'm coming to Illinois again this year I'll find ya.[:D]
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What it there bubba, come and find me huh? I'll find you and get you so comode huggin, knee walkin, snot slingin drunk ya won't be able to hunt for a week.[:D][:D]

edited November -1
    It's a deal [;)]
  • ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How about me? Can I come? Sounds fun![:D][:p]

BAG IT. TAG IT. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT..
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Now that I think about it more, it might be fun to just leave it there. Maybe put plenty of garlic and odd smelling things very near the stand, but leave it there and let them use it. Hopefully then you might catch them there in the stand then things get even better. [:D]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    Sus as bad as this sounds I have a neighbor that has the best stand site near my house. he kills deer every year. you dont know how bad I have wanted to contaminat his stand site.

My old man's backhand used to land,
    Hard on the side of my head.
    I just learned to stay out of his way.
    There's been streetfights, blue lights,
    Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest:
    It just showed me how much I could take.
    Hard times, bad luck.
    Sometimes, life sucks.
    That's all right, I'm ok.
    It ain't nothin' but another day.