In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

aluminum arrows

furhollerfurholler Member Posts: 780 ✭✭✭✭
I recently discovered Basspro is or has sold out of their stock of aluminum arrows. What gives[?] Doesn't anyone use aluminum arrows anymore? Other archery shops in my area have done the same thing. I like aluminum, call me crazy or a pureist, but I do.[:(]

"Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains...No free government, or the blessings of liberty, can be preserved to any people but by a firm adherence to justice, moderation, temperance, frugality, and virtue: and by a frequent recurrence to fundamental principles."-Patrick Henry

Comments

• furhollerfurholler Member Posts: 780 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can anyone tell me the difference between a Easton 2114 arrow and a 217 arrow? I am currently using 2114's, shooting fletches with a left helical twist. I friend of mine talked me into switching to right helical twist explaining that the head won't twist loose with the R/H, I never had a problem with the L/H, but I figured I'd give it a try. I didn't notice a difference in the arrow flight.
    I saw a bunch of 2117's for sale at a good price, but I want to know if switching to 2117's will affect the arrow flight & require me to change the sight pin settings. I shoot a compound, 45 to 55 lb pull depending on the bow. Thanks.
  • ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Used carbon for the first time this hunting season and wasn't sure I much cared for them or much for the ones I got at least! Going back to aluminum!

BAG IT. TAG IT. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT..
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Wish I could comment but I switched to carbons when I got a new bow so I have no real comparison. From the slow mo shots I have seen online comparing the two I will be sticking with the carbon.

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    I like my carbons they shoot real nice

My old man's backhand used to land,
    Hard on the side of my head.
    I just learned to stay out of his way.
    There's been streetfights, blue lights,
    Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest:
    It just showed me how much I could take.
    Hard times, bad luck.
    Sometimes, life sucks.
    That's all right, I'm ok.
    It ain't nothin' but another day.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Carbon arrows are better in every way. more durable, strighter, faster. I switched 4 years ago and wont go back.
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    To each his own, but I prefer carbon over aluminum, for the same reasons Buckey has stated.
  • RevivalRevival Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Indeed. Carbon is a better choice for someone wanting the best performance. If your a traditionalist, shoot cedar!

Brad
    a.k.a. Revival
    http://jermanbuck.com
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    If your a real hard core hunter use a spear[:0] where is this thread going[?]
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    If your a real hard core hunter use a spear[:0] where is this thread going[?]

Just jump out of a tree with a knife and wrassle em to the ground.

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • furhollerfurholler Member Posts: 780 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like the feel of aluminum arrows. Carbon fiber makes me nervous, aluminum arrows kill deer also.

"Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains...No free government, or the blessings of liberty, can be preserved to any people but by a firm adherence to justice, moderation, temperance, frugality, and virtue: and by a frequent recurrence to fundamental principles."-Patrick Henry