In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Biggest buck ever taken in Ohio?

SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
Does anyone know who has taken the largest buck in Ohio? With a bow that is.

Sights kinda slow tonight, can ya tell?[:D]

Comments

• Options
    DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The "Beatty" buck I believe????...Not sure on spelling!?!

Ruric, NE OHIO
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That's what I was thinking to, but wasn't sure.
    I wonder why the Ohio Big Buck club doesn't offer pictures of entries and record holders on their website? Might need to write them and suggest it. [:D]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think the "Hole-in-the-horn" buck was the biggest from Ohio, Portage county I think...But I don't remember how it was harvested!?!

Ruric, NE OHIO
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I believe the hole in one buck was found along a set of rail rode tracks, they figured it had been hit by a train. I was thinking that was from the 1960's or something though.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    OH..OH...I know...I know...
    Um ...no I forgot.....
    I don't think it was a bow!!!!

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v507/bang250/Doe04.jpg
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DIRTYRAT
    I think the "Hole-in-the-horn" buck was the biggest from Ohio, Portage county I think...But I don't remember how it was harvested!?!

That is the largest typical buck, that was farther back then the 60's. I was thinking the 30's some time.

Isn't this buck also the world record typical?

I am also think that the #2 buck was also not shot by anything, but found. Making the buck shot last november the biggest typical buck ever shot in Ohio.

The beatty buck is the large non typical buck ever shot by bow in the world.

Who would have thunk that between three years there are two of the largest bucks ever taken in the world just miles apart from each other with the beatty buck and the buck that was shot in november.

I think I need to take a little hunting trip down there.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14

I think I need to take a little hunting trip down there.

That's for sure. [:)]