In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

crossbows more exspensive than I thought

SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
Kinda pricing don't ya think? I never paid much attention to them in the stores, but I didn't think they were this much. Bad auction??

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=29383057

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent

Comments

• Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    my catalog doesn't have the super max but the hunter max is $599. Same catalog has Fred bears for $699.

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That sellers got a buncha crossbows for sale on there. Most hortons, a couple are in the $300's, their probably bent. [:D]

Does a crossbow release more pressure when fired? Compared to a compound bow, is that why they "thud" so much? They must be extremely fast or deer would jump every shot since there are so loud, right?

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Again refering to my catalog the fastest listed in there is only 340fps on a 165# crossbow. They also show 320, 270fps on 165#. They do have 200# listed but don't give the fps.
    So having said that I can only guess the thud comes from so many pounds being released. I am not very impressed though with the speeds for that kind of poundage.

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Nope, you'd think it would be well over 400 feet per second with that kind of poundage.
    Things that make you go Hmmmmm. [:D]

How's the wife been? Feeling any better?

• Options
    edited November -1
    wife is ok, she feels a little better. still real uncomfortable. Thanks for asking. Dr. is giving her three weeks to foal. Said if they aren't here in three they're takin'em out.

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    Dr. is giving her three weeks to foal.

[:0], Your terrible. Glad she's doing a little better.

• Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Sus... crossbows are very expensive and I steered mostly away from them due to the cost and low resale values. I think they would be awsome for bowfishing tho.

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    SunraySunray Member Posts: 773 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "...low resale values..." All bows have low resale values. Cabela's has some Barnett package deals at reasonable prices. They also have one package they want just over a grand for. Mind you, it comes with everything you need. The difference is the speed of the bolt.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just saw one advertised on the Outdoor channel that has a reverse draw. [?][?]. Have you seen these. sort of funny lookin' but supposed to be quieter, faster and more accurate.