In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Step by step archery

SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
Now where did ole ilgirl go to? Wouldn't this be perfect?

http://www.student.utwente.nl/~sagi/artikel/steps/

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent

Comments

• Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Very good instructions. Question though: Does anyone here shoot with both eyes open?

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Cub's preseason is on!!!
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Another question, Does anyone put the bow string on their chin like that?

I shoot with my tip of my thumb at the corner of my mouth, seems the most comfortable there. That was the way I was taught and never changed.
  • Options
    gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Uncle Ted says not to stand like that either.

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    stance can quickly get shot to chit when hunting from a tree

Ben(who finds it is much easier to shoot in early and late hours w/ both eyes open)

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Cub's preseason is on!!!
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Both eyes open, and as far as stance I try shooting the same way on the ground as I do in the tree. Less complicated things for me to worry about make me happier.

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    Very good instructions. Question though: Does anyone here shoot with both eyes open?

Ben

quote:Aiming

Aiming is done with the dominant eye. Shut the other eye

Keep the sight at the target

Keep the string a little left of the sight
    Not sure about the string on the chin thing, I hold in the corner of my mouth like shoff14.

I thought this might draw ilgirl back, guess not huh. [:D]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm going to try both eyes closed and let the force guide my arrow[:D]

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by taco413

[:D][:D]

• Options
    ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shoot with my thumb nuckle in the corner of my mouth and the string on the tip of my nose! best way I have found for me and that is all that matters![^]

BAG IT. TAG IT. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT..
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ENOS29
    I shoot with my thumb nuckle in the corner of my mouth and the string on the tip of my nose! best way I have found for me and that is all that matters![^]

I could have soooo much fun with that comment[:D][:D]

• Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by taco413

Youve never done that? When I am really on, you know those periods when you cant miss even if you try, I sometimes close my eyes when I take the shot. I got the idea from Michael Jordan-when he felt real hot, he would close his eyes when he took free throws.
    The other 99.9% of the time I shoot with one eye open.

I find some of the instructions a bit foreign to my way of shooting-I do not open my legs shoulder width-its a little bit less-and my feet are pretty much parralel with themselves. The other thing I noticed was the grip. I do not grip my bow, I pretty much "Push" the bow forward with my bow arm. My fingers do not wrap around the grip, nor does my thumb. I push the bow forward with my palm.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Salzo,
    that is similar to the way I hold it. I just take, put my hand there, balance the bow on the part in between my thumb and index finger.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Where did ol ilgirl go. I think she got scared off by Susp. when she was discovered to be a man.[:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy

Where did ol ilgirl go. I think she got scared off by Susp. when she was discovered to be a man.[:D][:D][:D][:D]

You just can't let it die can you? [:D][;)]

• Options
    StihlCuttinItStihlCuttinIt Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Shoot with both eyes open and it does'nt matter, you're dominent eye will home in on the target. I was talking to a 3d compitition shooter. He said to never break follow through. Keep both eyes on the target and dont even move until a second or two AFTER the arrow hits. You could also use one eye, but i get nerbous tics trying to keep one eye shut.

Joe
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Suspension

You just can't let it die can you? [:D][;)]

No way man not after the comment she made [:0] Oh my that Suspension boy he's not too bad on the eyes, HA HA HA HA. Now I'm starting to think you created the ilgirl so you could compliment yourself.[:D][:D][:D] Sorry Susp I cant help myself Ballbusting is in the blood.[}:)]
  • Options
    ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][;)]

• Options
    SunraySunray Member Posts: 773 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "...the force guide my arrow..." It's not the Force. It's Zen. I've been looking for the book, Zen and the Art of Archery for about 20 years now. Definitely both eyes open. Like StihlCuttinIt's buddy says, concentrate on the target and don't move after you release.
  • Options
    edited November -1

No way man not after the comment she made [:0] Oh my that Suspension boy he's not too bad on the eyes, HA HA HA HA. Now I'm starting to think you created the ilgirl so you could compliment yourself.[:D][:D][:D] Sorry Susp I cant help myself Ballbusting is in the blood.[}:)]
    [/quote]

[:p] That's a good idea Buckey. Be on the lookout of another new member who really thinks I'm hot. [:I][:D][;)]