In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Deer Decoy?

DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone ever use one?...Did it work?...Did you rattle and/or use lure with it?...Just curious, I've heard of people using them but know nothing about it.....Just curious!

Ruric, NE OHIO

Comments

• Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Never tryed but have thought about it too.

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    s.guns.gun Member Posts: 3,245
    edited November -1
    Have used mine maybe a dozen times. Effective twice.Had a small Buck walk right up to it and circle it.Wouldn't take his eyes off it till I spooked him.Another time I had this young Doe lay down 20 feet from it for about an hour.

1-Powder
    2-Patch
    3-Ball
    4-Remove the Rod
    5-Do Not Forget the Cap.
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I have not bought one, but used a friends twice with no luck. I have been told they are great if you get a setup that brings the bucks past you while heading to the decoy. I have also been told they totally * deer once they actually get to the decoy. Just going off hearsay though...

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    If'en your kill'en without em don't use em.[?] Just Jealous not legal here.[:I]