In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

21 gators $50 license still cant bow hunt 'em

gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
I went walking around Butler Island yesterday and saw upwards of 500 duck, mostly teal, and 21 gators. 11 of the gators were small, less than 5 feet. There were 3 that ohhhhh man did they make my mouth water and my heart beat. Two were about 11-12 ft and one was about 13-14 feet and he was not so happy about me being there. So I came home, jumped on the computer and went to find the draw sheet for this year. I found out that the license for a gator is a whopping $50 but you can only get one. I was ohhhh so pissed when I found out that you have to snare them bring them to the boat and shoot them or bang stick 'em. You cant bow hunt for gators in Ga.!!!! So why would I bother paying the $50? So now I have to contact my ex bf to find out if he can legally bow hunt gators. He is a licensed trapper and they have to put down anything over 4 ft. I just dont get it you can snare them drag them to the boat and then shoot them but you cant 'bowfish' for 'em. Ok I am done venting.

its all about pucks and bucks
smilie_schuetze.gif

Comments

• Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Taste like chicken? kidding. Must be rough to have all the wild life that you have down there. How tough is there skin would a bow work? I always presumed that their skin was thick and tough. 13-14ft, could your skinny butt drag it to the boat? [:D]

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Bang there is a group of guys in FL that guide gator trips. I have seen them on TV many times hunting with bows. They typically use muzzy 1000 grain... yes 1000. But a 3 day trip cost $2500 and I am not spending that much on a gator no way no how it aint happening.
    Here is the web site for TNT gators check em out.

http://www.tntgators.com/

BTW I have pulled many a gator in with my ex bf. This skinny butt can handle more than you think. Wanna leg wrestle? [:D]

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Leg wrestle? that sounds naughty [:0][:D]

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.