In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Illinois hunting stuff...EDIT

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
Again this is rumor from another board but I have been watching the bill that cornfed is speaking of. And it has been past on like he said. I kind of hope we get a longer season, earlier maybe not so much but the later will be cool. I could go hunting on my birthday.[:D]

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=161214

Found some more info from Illinois bowhunter society forum
this is a copy and paste

The DNR is given leeway by the legislature to manage the herd for up to 14 days within the Nov1st thru Dec 31st bracket for dates for shotgun, and the Sept 1st thru Jan 31st dates for bowhunting.

(520 ILCS 5/1.3)
Sec. 1.3. The Department shall have the authority to manage wildlife and regulate the taking of wildlife for the purposes of providing public recreation and controlling wildlife populations. The seasons during which wildlife may be taken, the methods for taking wildlife, the daily bag limits, and the possession limits shall be established by the Department through administrative rule, but the Department may not provide for a longer season, a larger daily bag limit, or a larger possession limit than is provided in this Code.

(520 ILCS 5/2.25) (from Ch. 61, par. 2.25)
(Text of Section from P.A. 93#8209;37)
Sec. 2.25. It shall be unlawful for any person to take deer except (i) with a shotgun or muzzleloading rifle or (ii) as provided by administrative rule, with a bow and arrow, or crossbow device for handicapped persons as defined in Section 2.33, during the open season of not more than 14 days which will be set annually by the Director between the dates of November 1st and December 31st, both inclusive.
It shall be unlawful for any person to take deer except with a bow and arrow, or crossbow device for handicapped persons (as defined in Section 2.33), during the open season for bow and arrow set annually by the Director between the dates of September 1st and January 31st, both inclusive.

should I not be linking other stuff like this [?][B)]

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.

Comments

• Options
    ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well I'm not to sure but I'll VOTE for it![:D][:D][:D][:D][}:)]

www.imanogoodpuke.com

BAG IT. TAG IT. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT..
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    quote:This just in:

BAD news = There will be NO nonresident hunting in IL!

GOOD news = Doe tags will be unlimited BUT only bucks 4 1/2+ years old can be taken. Anyone shooting a lesser animal will be dragged behind an ATV through the county that the offense occured in!

These new regs will be in effect for a period of 10 years!

You boys better head to Ohio and hunt with me instead! Them are some crazy rules and we all know Enos will break em!! [:D][:D]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:You boys better head to Ohio and hunt with me instead!

When does season start? is there a place close by to stay? do we need to bring our own beer? [:D] [;)]

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    no nonresident hunting... well how in the world am I going to justify a trip to come up there then?

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    on the other board the next posted says "all kidding aside". Justification? - Lets see how bout just to hang out with some really great, nice lookin, ethical, beer drinkin, archery huntin' nuts. [:D]

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250

When does season start? is there a place close by to stay? do we need to bring our own beer? [:D] [;)]

I can pull my camper into bout anywhere, I could even furnish beer up to a point. [:D]
    Better hurry though, had a guy call about my camper last night so it may be going down the rode soon, doubtful though, it's only been forsale for a year and a half. [:D][:D]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What type, year,size of camper? I need a bigger one for the expanding family. Bowhunting and camping are two things I can't quit.

• Options
    edited November -1
    Looks like this, but it is 24' Terry Taurus 5th wheel. This ones pretty beat up, but it was the only picture I found quick. I think it's a 1993 or 1994 model. Pulls nice with a Chevy. [:D]
    a2_1_b.JPG

• Options
    edited November -1
    dang, I don't want the fifth wheel. Thanks anyway.

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    dang, I don't want the fifth wheel. Thanks anyway.

5th wheels the ticket man. Once I got one I had no more use for a bumper pull. It is so much quicker and easier to drop at the sites, plus leveling is easier to. Don't get as much swaying down the highway either, that helps if your hung over from camping. [:D]

• Options
    edited November -1
    I need to keep the bed space in the truck. The fifth wheel stays permanently mounted doesn't it? When we had horses I pulled with a gooseneck and it was definately better pulling but.. I need to keep my bad space.

• Options
    edited November -1
    My 5th wheel has a flat plate that stays in the bad all the time, but I can remove the hitch itself with 4 pins. The plate isn't so bad because it sorta contord (?) to the bed itself. So it doesn't get in the way, it actually helps keep the cooler from sliding all the way up front. [:D]
    You do lose bed space when pulling the camper, can't get as much in the bed, like wood, bikes, stuff like that. [xx(]

• Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kinda early to hunt, I would just a little early for my taste. As far as the latter part, when you kill one you're killing 2 possibly 3 deer that late in the season. Plus the way this state is they'd probably make it a law you could only kill antlerless after a certain date.

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!