In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Tip of the week

SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
C&P: Secure bow string release

To keep from losing your bow string release, tie it to your hunting clothing. You can use a leather boot string or plastic "coiled chain" with a snap. It looks like a phone cord with a snap on the end and only costs a couple of bucks. Tie your release to one end and snap the other end to your belt loop. The "coiled chain" works best.

Found that on whitetails.com I usually try looping mine on using the wrist wrap, but I still forgot and have to walk back to the truck sometimes. I've even lost a couple over the years, fell out of my pocket or something.

Comments

• headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    thats the first thing that goes into my bag and the first thing i put on when i get out of da car

My old man's backhand used to land,
    Hard on the side of my head.
    I just learned to stay out of his way.
    There's been streetfights, blue lights,
    Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest:
    It just showed me how much I could take.
    Hard times, bad luck.
    Sometimes, life sucks.
    That's all right, I'm ok.
    It ain't nothin' but another day.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    I use a wrist release I always attatch it to my bow when not in use. I always keep a spare release in my fanny pack Just in case.[:0]
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    I do the same, Buckey

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Cub's preseason is on!!!
  • DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My girl-friend bought me a "Scott" release for x-mas. When I heard how much she paid for it I about bababooey. I did'nt even ask for a new one! At that price, I'll have to chain it to my body[:D] Haven't tried it yet, I use a very old "Fletch-Hunter" that I've lost a couple times but always managed to find it somehow!

Ruric, NE OHIO,