In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Arrow length

el maestroel maestro Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
In the eternal debate if length matters, I would like to take the question in a different direction....arrows. How much of a difference could 3/4 of an inch matter? Would the arrow be under spined?

Thanks all!

Comments

• el maestroel maestro Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am a first time bow hunter and just wondering on how you judge the lenght of the arrow I am supposed to shoot. I bought some and they are to short for me. I anyone could help it would be appreciated thank you.
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    I am not sure I understand the question. I am sure that my arrow length is shorter than most of the guys on here. Explain what circumstances you are talking about.

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't think length matters one bit. I use mostly 30 inch for target. I have a few 31 inch ones that are used for target shooting to, just because it gives me a few more arrows to use. I only use 31 inch arrows when hunting so I don't cut myself for some strange reason on the broadhead. While target shooting, i don't see any difference in the two lengths.
    edited November -1
    I have two sets of arrows. One is 28 (I think) inches, the other is 28 3/4 inches. I have had a heck of a time lately getting good groups. I am just going through the paces to see what could be causing the problem.

Perhaps I should just head to a pro shop, and have them check it all out. But, I fee like I should be able to figure this out...
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you were getting good groups which you did imply with the "lately" arrow length would be the last thing to look at as it is one of the things that will remain constant and have no impact on your groups you should be looking more at things that can change. Did my rest get whacked out of position? Check with a bow square and center tool. Am I just rusty i.e. haven't picked up a bow in 6 months? Get out to the range and focus on your form. Your string could have stretched and may need replacement. These are just a few things I would look at as opposed to cutting your arrows because your groups have gotten bad.
    edited November -1
    I hadn't planned on cutting any more arrows, I am just doing like you say gogolen. I am frustrated, and I think I am really going to check out the string. I think I may have a problem there.
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I don't have anything to add that hasn't already been said. Besides, welcome aboard el maestro. Hope to see ya around more.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent