In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

"Snipers" got me!

DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
Got snipe'd out of a Hoyt Magna-tech with all the goodies on Hee-bay![V] You have to watch an auction to the very last minute or you lose! O'well, Plenty others out there!...I wanted an X-tec anyhow...

Ruric, NE OHIO

Comments

• Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Been sniped several times there. Refuse to bid there anymore. Have you ckecked on Archerytalk.com? There are tons of Hoyts for sale there. Good luck.

Nadine

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just registered on there a few days ago but havent spent any time lookin around yet...Thanks,

Ruric, NE OHIO
  • Options
    LmbhngrLmbhngr Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why is it that everyone who gets outbid, whether its on Ebay, Gunbroker, or any other auction site calls the winners "snipers"??

Call it Intelligent Precise-Timed Bidding...which does you no good if your max bid is lower than your competitors. Any chance of getting a decent deal on something is shot is the * when a couple of bone heads get into a bidding war as soon as someone posts something for auction. Think about it. Try it.

Sniper is not a such bad thing to be called. They are the most feared of all and are some bad mf'ers! One shot, One kill...One bid, One win. [;)]
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Maybe they just have faster internet connection[:D].[;)]

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't mind being called an auction sniper[8D][:D] I rather enjoy it myself.

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I've sniped a few on gunbroker and been sniped a few times also. I have yet to win one single ebay item though.

I might go bidding right now, just found $300 cash in an old gun case. Guess at one time I planned on trading something and giving a little boot money. [:D] Shhhh...don't tell my wife what I found, she thinks she owes me for spending so much at Lowe's over the weekend. [:D]

dirtyrat, next time I stop in the bow shop I'll look for x-tec's, they usually have a few Hoyt's on the shelf.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You go Susp. (quietly) The wife gave me an allowance to take with me to the Deer and Turkey show and used some of it on her and the boys! I only got some new stickers for my BEER FRIDGE, Lunch (w/BEERS),
    OH YA, some more BEER!!!

BAG IT. TAG IT. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT..
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Lmbhngr, I guess your right in a way about the precised-timed bidding, But It REALLY pizzes me off when I find something I want and put a high max-bid on it, Meet the reserve, wait for 5 days and lose it at the last minute because I'm busy doing something else and don't have time to sit in front of the computer and get into a bidding war at the end...There...Had to vent!....Guess the person who won wanted it more than I did!....I'll stick to shopping {My kinda BMF Sniping} at stores, 1 store,1 price,1 bow[;)] Less angst! Suspension...I'm going to a bow-shop this week that's a Hoyt dealer over in Middlefield, I appreciate the offer, Thanks anyhow,

Ruric, NE OHIO
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    I usually look for a decent "Buy it now price" because I can't bid worth a poop.[B)] My brother however is a sniper usually gets what he wants. there are a few little things you can do I will talk to him get some details. and let you guy's know. "Not on the forum of coarse."
  • Options
    el maestroel maestro Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think I heard that there is software out there to help "snipe" these auctions. You program in you max bid, or you can program the software to outbid at the last possible second. Kind of shifty in my opinion.
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ever try the online sniper services? I think one is called auctionsniper dot com or something like that. Works nicely.

what el maestro said