In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Picked up a new bow.....Matthews "Switchback"

RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
Picked up a new bow today, got the Matthews "Switchback". As with most things...that's only half the package.
- Optimizer Lite Fiber wrapped sight
- Alpine's MR2 stabilizer
- Kwikee Kwiver (Quick detach quiver)
- Schaffer Generation II arrow rest
- Limb Saver vibration dampers

Matthews1.jpg

Matthews2.jpg

Matthews3.jpg

Matthews4.jpg

Matthews5.jpg

Matthews6.jpg

Matthews7.jpg

Comments

• Options
    DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Very Nice!....[^]

Ruric, NE OHIO
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    congrats on the new purchase, so how does it shoot????? Or is that a silly question [;)]

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice set up. You will definitely enjoy that.
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Good looking setup. You definately got a good one.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    instrumentofwarinstrumentofwar Member Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    SWEET

I am waiting on mine to come in. I sold my previous Mathews setup to a buddy at work. That'll cover 3/4 of the price on my Switchback. Already have the Spothogg Hunter and Wizker Bizkit. Thinking about changing my arrow setup to either Easton's Axis or Beman new Black Max.

Picture024.jpg
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Awsome Bow best of luck with it. Please don't take this the wrong way.[:I] I noticed you said detachable Quickie Quiver. Thats way to nice of a bow to put a Quickie quiver on. Mathews Makes a detachable Quiver just for their bows . A little pricy around $79.00 but they are sweet and matches the bow.[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Wasn't aware Matthews made a quick detach....will have to look into that. The only ones the shop had were permanent.

Took it out yesterday.....WOW!, smmoooooth and quiet!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yes, they do my brother has one. I will see if I can locte and get back to you. again sweet bow best of luck[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    buckeyboy - thanks for the info, picked up a Matthews quick detach quiver last night at a different bow shop....you're right, it's much classier.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Rembrandt- is the quik detach you picked up a one or two piece design? If it's the one piece, did you happen to notice if their two piece model was a QD?

Picture024.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The quiver is the one piece quick detach...the one on the left.

Quivers.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What length arrows do you shoot, and does the fletching extend beyond the cam?

Picture024.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    31" arrows....have about 3 1/2" to spare before fletching extends beyond the cam.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yea I'm glad ya got the Quiver. they are nice what did the wack ya for it around $80[:0][B)] post a picture with the new Quiver. I know you will be happy with it.[;)]
  • Options
    sifistosifisto Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    [:D]Very nice bow! Very nicely set up as well. I'll be posting pictures of my switchback tomorrow. It will look like a switchback on steroids...I guarantee. Many options you have not seen,ones that may change your shooting abilities forever.The advice is free, but for the wise will be priceless.I left the mathews forum for several reasons, as well as the other archery forums. If you notice, none, and I do mean none of the world class shooters...or archery pros visit these forums.It seems silly since the shoot mathews or hoyt bows, you would naturally expect to see them here mingling with you. For the simple fact that most of these forums are hogged by fellows that know simply "know it all". They have chased away the knowledge and strength that these forums were created for. The real pros out there would be honored to share their knowledge with you. For the most part, it's much like incorperating themselves with a bunch of drunks on the corner sharing a bottle of wine; and that's no BS story.I am not directing this message at anyone in particular, but these fellows should be ashamed at themselves. It's much like three kids playing in a sandbox, and in comes a gemologist; the three are soon to tell the gemologist he's the one getting all the rocks wrong.Imagine that!If you want to be a millionaire hang around with millionaires; you'll eventually become part of the gang. Even olympic class shooters have an open mind to grow and listen to advice, for no one knows it all. When you hear someone tell you, " this is the best, don't even waste your time trying it", please avoid the blowhard at all costs...for his/her advice will surely cost you in the long run.
    Enough said for now, I will be here tomorrow to help and assist; or at least lead you in the right direction. One thing I will guarantee, keep an open mind and secrets will be heading your way.****I also can guarantee, if I run into the same amaturs as I did at the mathews forum , I will ghost for sure.sifisto.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:When you hear someone tell you, " this is the best, don't even waste your time trying it", please avoid the blowhard at all costs...for his/her advice will surely cost you in the long run.

There are not a lot of "regulars" on this forum and the ones that are here are great people. We get along very well. I don't see the bickering that I see on other forums. And I am not trying to start any now but you are new here and how do we know your advice or secrets won't cost us in the long run. FYI.. we also give each other a good deal of crap.

quote:I will be here tomorrow to help and assist; or at least lead you in the right direction. One thing I will guarantee, keep an open mind and secrets will be heading your way.****

I appreciate your willingness to help, but why do you think I am headed in the wrong direction. Again you are the new guy here.

quote:For the simple fact that most of these forums are hogged by fellows that know simply "know it all". They have chased away the knowledge and strength that these forums were created for. The real pros out there would be honored to share their knowledge with you.

I may misunderstand your post and if I do I appoligize, but you appear to be coming off as a "know it all" already.
    Again I do appoligize if I have misunderstood you post.

quote:I also can guarantee, if I run into the same amaturs as I did at the mathews forum , I will ghost for sure.sifisto.

I am and will be for a long time an amature. As Long as I am still learning I would never class myself any higher.[^]

Now having posted all this I want to say again I could have misuderstood what you are trying to say and I am not trying to pi$$ you off. "Keep an open mind" right? I believe that is a quote from you. Again too, being the new guy you may catch a fair bit of crap for a few days.

Oh I forgot, Welcome to the forum!!

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sifisto
    [:D]Very nice bow! Very nicely set up as well. I'll be posting pictures of my switchback tomorrow. It will look like a switchback on steroids...I guarantee. Many options you have not seen,ones that may change your shooting abilities forever.The advice is free, but for the wise will be priceless.I left the mathews forum for several reasons, as well as the other archery forums. If you notice, none, and I do mean none of the world class shooters...or archery pros visit these forums.It seems silly since the shoot mathews or hoyt bows, you would naturally expect to see them here mingling with you. For the simple fact that most of these forums are hogged by fellows that know simply "know it all". They have chased away the knowledge and strength that these forums were created for. The real pros out there would be honored to share their knowledge with you. For the most part, it's much like incorperating themselves with a bunch of drunks on the corner sharing a bottle of wine; and that's no BS story.I am not directing this message at anyone in particular, but these fellows should be ashamed at themselves. It's much like three kids playing in a sandbox, and in comes a gemologist; the three are soon to tell the gemologist he's the one getting all the rocks wrong.Imagine that!If you want to be a millionaire hang around with millionaires; you'll eventually become part of the gang. Even olympic class shooters have an open mind to grow and listen to advice, for no one knows it all. When you hear someone tell you, " this is the best, don't even waste your time trying it", please avoid the blowhard at all costs...for his/her advice will surely cost you in the long run.
    Enough said for now, I will be here tomorrow to help and assist; or at least lead you in the right direction. One thing I will guarantee, keep an open mind and secrets will be heading your way.****I also can guarantee, if I run into the same amaturs as I did at the mathews forum , I will ghost for sure.sifisto.

bang related things nicely. I however, feel your reply was extremely arrogant. I for one am not and will not ever be a "archery pro". I enjoy sharing my opinions and I enjoy receiving opinions from others. Sure hope you can deal with that because I highly doubt any of the good folks on here will be changing.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    [8D]Sorry to come off in such a way. Not to lead anyone down path and make them do anything.It seems the folks here are much more down to earth. Once I post some pictures you'll see what I mean.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Posting the new pics on a new reply, " blown out switchback", wish me luck on this forum! Email me direct if you may have any questions, I'll be happy to help.