In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

new bow

hivoltghivoltg Member Posts: 928 ✭✭✭✭
Shot my new to me bow last night. Mathews LX. Got it used for $400 complete with sight, rest, quiver. It was a 04 model used 1 season. Sold my older Hoyt Intruder for $200 with the works on it and also all the arrows. Trying carbons this year. Gold Tip Hunters. Impressed with it so far. 3 months to go.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I don't even want to start the "which bow is better" fight...I am shooting a whole lot of different bows and trying to figure out which one is best for me. I broke my right elbow in march and tore the tendons real bad...since then I have been trying to get the arm strength back but it just isn't there...thinking a bow with greater let off will help. Plus these newer bows maintain speed even with lighter draw weights...the days of "macho" draw weight are over for me.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I've been using the same old bow for the last 4 or 5 years and i have been considering getting a PSE or fred bear but am not sure what model any ideas?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Heard Horton is now making a compound bow. It it is as good as the crossbow it could be a dandy.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey everybody! Long time no see!! How has everyone been?

Has anyone shot the Matthews Switchback? I was just looking at one on the Matthews website. How does it compare to the Outback?

Thanks guys (and gals)

KungFu.gif
    Opinions are like azzholes, eveyone's got one, and this just happens to be mine!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ive need a new bow, growing out of mine, have a Browning Micro Adreanline, love the bow but def. need a new one, i really like hoyts and brownings, what is a good choice for under $650
  • Options
    edited November -1
    hey guys,i've bow hunted for 15 years i love it.the bow i've got now i've had for 6 years,i'm thinking of buying a new one whats hot right now?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just shot the new bow.

Does anyone really read these post, or am I all alone???

muss
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just shot the new bow.

Does anyone really read these post, or am I all alone???

muss
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Got it today, arrived at like 2:30 pm, got everything on it, nocked it, and put a peep sight in ( which for a brand new string is mighty tough) shot it three times at 5 yards, then 3 times at ten yards...I was 2 inches low and an inch to the right at 5, and dead on at 10! [8D] WHOO HOO!

Proud shooter of a FRED BEAR VAPOR 300!(by team realtree)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well all you guys got me thinkin'. I need a new one haha but i am 18, headin to school in the fall, and work at mc-e-dees-. I cannot spend 400+ on a bow like matthews or hoyt. I WOULD LOVE TO, just can't afford it lol. I looked at pse but it seems any bow company that is in my range 200-250 doesn't make any decent bows. Any input?
    Thanks,
    Anthony (A.GUN)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Will Mathews has come out with their New 07 hunting bow called DRENALIN.[8D]....Looks like a new toy maybe bought[:D]

www.mathewsinc.com check it out[:)]
  • Options
    gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As with most new models it is smoother faster and more forgiving than its older family member. I am thinking of selling my outback to get one, any takers make me an offer.
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    some more info on the outback would be nice [:D]

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Been good, how about you hivoltg?

Have not shot the switchback, sure looks nice though.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey Sus. If things get any better around here, I am going to have to hire someone to help me enjoy it![:0][;)] Deer season ended well, with nine on the ground![^] How was your season?
    Hey Gogo and Gagirl... how r ya'll? Good season for all I hope!

KungFu.gif
    Opinions are like azzholes, eveyone's got one, and this just happens to be mine!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Season was ok although I didn't get out near as much as I wanted to.
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Hey Hiv things are wonderful here... I think.. not sure let me check again...How much you looking to get for the Outback? Woudl be too much for me to pull but I may know a couple people interested...

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Looking for 600 but will negotiate
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gagirl
    Hey Hiv

[:0][:0][:D][:D]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gogolen
    Looking for 600 but will negotiate

bare bow? [?]

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hope not bare bow, that's more like loaded price around here.

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    HA!!! She called me HIV[:0] That ain't right and makes me[V]...How did word spread so fast[:D][:p]

KungFu.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a Hoyt that is about three or four years old. Nice bow, but am really wanting an upgrade. Big toss up for me though between the Matthews and the Hoyt. My Hoyt has been good to me, I just hear so many great things about the Matthews. My Hoyt is still nice though and plenty capable of puttin them on the ground! Anyone looking for a bow like my Hoyt? Ready to hunt, minus a release.

KungFu.gif
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hivoltg
    I have a Hoyt that is about three or four years old. Nice bow, but am really wanting an upgrade. Big toss up for me though between the Matthews and the Hoyt. My Hoyt has been good to me, I just hear so many great things about the Matthews. My Hoyt is still nice though and plenty capable of puttin them on the ground! Anyone looking for a bow like my Hoyt? Ready to hunt, minus a release.

Since it doesn't have a release, does it still have the knocking clip things? How quickly you looking to move it? What is the draw length and wieght?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:bare bow?
    Everything but the sight.

quote:I hope not bare bow, that's more like loaded price around here.
    For a hoyt, darton, or martin I could see that.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I stopped at the shop last night, they had an outback with a quiver and some cheap string silencers, nothing else at all, 1 year old, for $625, it was on consignment there.

• Options
    edited November -1
    Hivolt- I have been doing some reading on the new bows out and I am reading alot of fellas that have shot Mathews for years are now going to the bowtech. You may want to try one of these. The new allegiance (sp) is one that keeps poppin' up. I have read on another forum that guys are shooting both the switchback and the allegiance and they say the allegiance is better. Smoother, quieter, and faster. This is just what I am reading though.
    Here is a link to one that I read.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=159137

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Bang. Bowtech has always been a Mathews Knock off although they make a pretty good bow, look around you will see the new purchace price is right up there with Mathews, yet the resale value drops dramaticly. there is a reason for this. I have shot a few bowtechs they shoot nice but not as good as the mathews, nor is the fit and finish the same quality . Your money ?[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    THanks buckey, hey are you coming to Il this coming season?

• Options
    edited November -1
    I sure hope so making some calls now to set thing's up I would gladly give up only one day of hunting to meet you guy's[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm sure we can get something worked out. I hate for you to come all that way and not get to meet some of us Il. hunters. Depending on what dates you get set up you may not have to give up any hunt. We'll just wait til after dark to meet up. I will tell you up front when on hunting trips the barley beverages seem to flow more than normal so be prepared [;)].

• Options
    ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p]

BAG IT. TAG IT. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT..
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey Man looks like I better hide the beer from Enos[:D]
  • Options
    ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [V][V][B)][:D]

BAG IT. TAG IT. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT..
  • Options
    edited November -1
    yes. It does have the knocking loop. Anyone know what I could get for my Hoyt? Case, arrows(carbon), bow, limb savers, quiver, fiber optic metal sight(with black light), hydaulic stabilizer, etc. Ready to hunt and shoot, minus a release.

KungFu.gif
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    300-400 seems to be the rate on Ebay. What are the dimensions and wieght? What length are the arrows? I may be interested, but only when summer comes around.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I will have to get all the info for you. It is a really nice set up though, that I can tell you. Put alot of deer on the ground with it!

KungFu.gif
  • Options
    sifistosifisto Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    [:D]Both are great bows, you cannot go wrong with either. The SB I've been told will be the hottest bow of the year. Remember, you get what you pay for.I'm tring to post some pics of my SB [8D]set up right now, I'm certain most will approve.