In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

looking for a bow

el maestroel maestro Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
I would like to get my dad into archery. He hunts now, just not with a bow. He doesn't want to spend and arm and a leg, he just wants something that he can pracitice with, and maybe head to the field. I was thinking that he should look at PS or Bear bows. What do you all think?

Comments

• ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Before all the MATHEWS freaks jump all over you I'll give my opinion![:D][:D] I have shot two different PSE bows for the last thirteen years or so and love them! Have had not had any troubles with accuracy. (that wasn't caused by my mistakes of course [xx(]) And the $ factor will be very easy on your wallet!![^] I wish I could help further but thats all I know is PSE.and will continue to shoot until publishers clearing house or the Illinois state lotto buy the next one. [:D](And that could be a PSE also[;)])

BAG IT. TAG IT. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT..
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I'm a freak and I say both are a good choice. Take him to a shop have him shoot a couple and see what he likes. With the technology today I don't think you can go wrong with either or any really. [;)]
    Whatever feels good to him is what he should get. Let us know the outcome.

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree with taking him to a shop and letting him try a few. As long as he's gets a good fit, and comfy with his new bow he'll enjoy shooting. Then with practice will come a consistence with the bow. Then the fun begins, or should I say addiction.[:D]

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Sometimes you can even pick up some nice used bows in shops. If it's something he just tossing around and trying out that might be a consideration.
    Good recruiting el maestro!!

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent