In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Emptying a Quiver

fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
Have any of you noticed any change in point of impact as your quiver becomes empty?

I have in fact, I'd say that my bow changes by about 2 inches at 25 yards, with an empty compared to a full quiver.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
Cub's preseason is on!!!

Comments

• Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I don't shoot with my quiver on anymore. I only have it on to and from the hunting spot. I hang it in the tree while hunting. And while just shooting I put my arrows in my back pocket or leave them in my case next to me. Mine seems a little quieter without the quiver as well.

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    basically it is just a balance issue. Leaving the arrows in would have a different balance then with no arrows.
  • Options
    s.guns.gun Member Posts: 3,245
    edited November -1
    I would think that the weight of several arrows would make a little differance.You ever notice that most Competition Shooters use a Stabilizer;An extended rod with a weight on the end.I always figured this was similar to holding a little steadier as with a heavy gun.

1-Powder
    2-Patch
    3-Ball
    4-Remove the Rod
    5-Do Not Forget the Cap.
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm with Bang, I never hunt with my quiver and if i'm shooting at the club I have a hip quiver. I quit shooting with a quiver on when an arrow fell out after I released once., or they've rattled too.

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I hang mine up at my stand because of what taco mentioned, they rattle sometimes. I've not noticed any difference while shooting though, but after I empty my quiver I don't usually put them back in it until I am done.

ben, could this problem have anything to do with the Cub's? [:0][;)] Maybe a nervous twitch when a game pops in your head? [:D]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BEN, settle down and count to ten you will get through this post. Just take a deep breath. I'm sure Susp. will (and sould)appologize for his cruel comments about the CHICAGO CUBS. Now don't you feel better?

OK NOW LET HIM HAVE IT!!!!!

[:D][:D][:D][:D]

BAG IT. TAG IT. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT..
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ENOS29
    appologize for his cruel comments

What are you talking about Suzy? (You don't mind if I call you Suzy do you?) I was just trying to analize ben's problem and try to help him resolve it, never dished the Cub's any. Besides, how can bash on baseball when I don't even watch it.

[^]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well sorry! gggeeeeeeezzzzz just [:o)]!

[;)]

Oh and you can only call me suzy if I can call you cybil![:0][:D][:D]

• Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ENOS29
    Well sorry! gggeeeeeeezzzzz just [:o)]!

[;)]

Oh and you can only call me suzy if I can call you cybil![:0][:D][:D]

Bunch of freaks[:D][:D]

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    [:0]

• Options
    edited November -1
    I'm on the susp. side, if it ain't killin' s@#t it ain't a sport for me to watch. [:D][;)]

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    baseball season cant come soon enough for me thats how i make my money umping. ohh back to the question i never shoot with my quiver it makes to much noise i think so it gets taken of asap once i get in stand or it holds my arrows on the ground for me when practicing

My old man's backhand used to land,
    Hard on the side of my head.
    I just learned to stay out of his way.
    There's been streetfights, blue lights,
    Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest:
    It just showed me how much I could take.
    Hard times, bad luck.
    Sometimes, life sucks.
    That's all right, I'm ok.
    It ain't nothin' but another day.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Cybil the freak here. Suzy, never under any circumstance say your sorry! I learned that from dealing with my wife. [:D][:D][:D]

• Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Well, I'd give susp a hard time, but he may be right. Sometimes I will be up in the tree, and the Cubs will pop into my head, and the only thing that makes it better is if I kill kill kill kill kill kill!!! So, I put my bow on automatic and...and, what the hell was it that susp said about the Cubs?[:(!]

But seriously now, don't you think that you guys that hang your quiver create a little more motion than necessary if you have to reload?

redrum,

Ben[:p]

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Cub's preseason is on!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I know this does not always apply but if you have taken a shot most the animals have scrambled so the motion from reloading I don't think will make much difference. In the case that they stick around and you see another shooter just move really slow. I move probably to much in the stand anyway, always looking around for deer comin in, or get tired of sitting and stand up for a while and generally if a deer is comin in I will stand up to shoot anyway. Just have to move real slow.

• Options
    edited November -1
    In my experiance the shot might not * them at all or enough but even the little movement it takes to get another arrow from a quiver that is hanging behind you can and most generally will * deer before a possible 2nd shot! Have had the senerio(sp?) happen both ways this past season. Shot a doe trailed by a buck and the shot never bothered him at all until I reached behind me for another arrow and he detected me.[V] Another time I muffed a shot on a doe and was able to reach behind and reload and shot the other doe with her! If I am going to be in a stand I beleive I am going to try the new quiver I purchased.(after a lot of prctice of course.)[^]
    IMO

• Options
    edited November -1
    I agree the movement could be a factor. Throughout my years [:D] I haven't got that many 2nd shots though, a few, but not to many.

• Options
    instrumentofwarinstrumentofwar Member Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is another reason I was posting about a cat-quiver. Weight, although minimal, has an effect; however where I hunt there can be some issues with wind at times. There can be a considerable amount of torque placed on your bow/form from the wind hitting the increased surface area from your quiver and especially your fletching.

Picture024.jpg