In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Fully blown out switchback

sifistosifisto Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
[:D]This little puppy has gone a far way from being first pulled out of the box three weeks ago. There really isn't any more that can be done to shoot this any better, just an upgrade on arrows after I burnout the twenty four I have now.The winners choice string is one of the best improvements you can make to a SB, the baracuda string that comes standard on a SB twists all the time...even after 500 shots.Twist shoot...twist shoot, your peep will break(from twisting it) before it works as it should.I don't care what the "pros" tell you on the mathews forum, there are too many problems with that baracuda string. Hope you like the pics 1/2 as much as I like shooting it.Thanks Suspension for the help with the pictures!!
sifisto.
Here's what's loaded up on this SB:

Mathews switchback 60# W/ 26" cobra cam
Viper camo predator hunter sight
Viper Zeiss glass lens 4X (target shooting only)
Viper ultra violet sight light
Trophy taker shakey hunter fall away rest w/camo felt
Sims modular stabilizer system(three in front/one in rear)
Sims solid limbsaver ultra
Sims insulator wrap w/ nodes
C.R. braided para cord bow sling
Winners choice string. Flo. green/kiwi
Specialty super ball peep kit
Specialty peep #1 lense 6/64" apperture clarifier(target only)
kisser button/string loop
Mathews 1 pc. quiver
Gold tip hunter 5575 arrows
Inventive technology acu*vanes std.
Inventive technology double whammy drafting broadheads 100gr.
Carter two shot release.

[imghttp://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y83/sifisto/128_2865_r1.jpg][/img]

[imghttp://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y83/sifisto/128_2873_r1.jpg]
[/img]

[imghttp://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y83/sifisto/128_2875_r1.jpg]
[/img]

[imghttp://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y83/sifisto/128_2871_r1.jpg][/img]

[imghttp://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y83/sifisto/128_2868.jpg][/img]

Comments

• Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    put the links in like this

put the ] before the link
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Most of us here if not all are hunters, we are not in any competition with each other, you don't need to try to impress anyone. I understand you being proud of your bow, I think most of us are[^], but slow down, take a deep breath and just enjoy this forum. I think you may still be "strung out" from the "other forums". Which I do visit but this one is "home". I believe it was gagirl that once said we have a "coffee shop" atmosphere here. You'll be ok here. Just take it down a bit, like you said quote:It seems the folks here are much more down to earth.

My shift is over today with my kids (just had two so I have no b@#ls and I'm off work, Wife has it from here till early morning) so I have had two nice, relaxing drinks (and I love everyone when I have a couple drinks), So as another poster said I do find your post as arrogent but again, I think you may be a little to used to some other forums. So do you have any hunting stories????

And now since you are the new guy, like I said before you catch some crap. So here is what I have to say in conclusion...

Nice, bet my OLD $150 dollar bow has killed just as many deer as that has.

currently shooting:
    Mathews Q2
    some sort of string
    D loop
    WB rest
    carbon arrows
    true fire release
    some sort of fiber optic sight
    1/4-1/2" groups or something[;)].
    use to have 6 arrows down to three cause I keep sticking them on top of each other. [:D] [;)]

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    [:D][:D][:D]

I have to say you got a nice bow there. Definately better than any I have ever owned.
    500 shots within 3 weeks? That sounds like a lot, but I can't think of how many times I shoot while just practicing. Was that average for you or just because you got a new bow?

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've had my bow for 3 years and haven't taken that many shots total with it. That's alot of shootin that is fer sure. I think it's great guys want and have the kind of money to have bows like that. As long as mine puts meat on the table i'm very happy with it. Oh and Bang we're not countin the roadkill deer you've jump out of the truck after just to put an arrow in it[:D][:D][:D][:D] J/K Bro[;)]

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    [8D]Thanks for the warm welcome. I shot the 500 times to straighten out that mathews baracuda string, and it really is fun to shoot.I also am training with Len Cardinale as my archery coach. He's a very down to earth man with a world of experience behind him. I believe he trained four different countrys for the olympics, and has trained most of the archery coaches out there today. Do a search engine on him, it's quite impressive. The main thing is, you can really only take yourself so far with training by yourself. If you have an open mind and really want to shoot your best, a coach is the only way to go. In a few weeks I could see a big difference with accuracy, the lessons were and are priceless.

The question as to "do you hunt", I would give that a definite yes.Once I figure this picture thing out, I'll post some pics.

To answer the reply "Nice, bet my OLD $150 dollar bow has killed just as many deer as that has." The answer is yes, you have killed more deer than this new bow has... It hasn't been in the woods yet.

The new technology now cannot compare to last years stuff or years prior. Don't get me wrong, if you know how to hunt, you'll be successful with whatever you decide to hunt with.

Thanks again for the warm welcome, I will slow it down a bit; just keep me in line if I'm going like a New York minute. sifisto.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:and has trained most of the archery coaches out there today. Do a search engine on him, it's quite impressive. The main thing is, you can really only take yourself so far with training by yourself. If you have an open mind and really want to shoot your best, a coach is the only way to go.

I'm done here[}:)] with this fella[}:)][}:)][}:)] Seems to me your open mind is very narrow. Sorry just my .02 . Hope I don't get booted but when you grow some hair, I may reply to your posts[V]. I see where your problems from other forums have come from now!

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    After that reply I'm now certain that I have to get out of the sandbox.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I also aplogize for casting pearls.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Don't let me run you off I am only one, I'm sure others don't feel the way i do. Sorry I was a little hasty, maybe its me with the narrow mind[:I]. Lack of sleep may make me a little grouchy also. You will get no more nasty replies from me.

• Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    ok First off Welcome....

Second I agree that you need to slow down. It's a bunch of normal, or somewhat normal, people here so there is no need to come in and do the I got this I got that and my coach is .. thing. Think coffee shop and slow down a bit. There are a bunch of REALLY GOOD GUYS in here that welcome in newbies with open arms. We dont all have the means to go out and put the money /time into what you have so it can come across like you are rubbing it in.

Now that that has been said... Welcome.. chill out and enjoy

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    This is great brings back memories of how gogolen and I started off.[:I] I think the guy is young and real proud of his bow [^]don't think he meant any offence to any one.[;)] Although a little high strung.[:0] Went to shoot at the archery shop the other night there was a Mathews switchback guy shooting. A Mathews Outback and the Mathews lx. guess what bow was the quietest.[?] As for sifisto chill out man[:o)] were all good guy's and gal's But seems to me ya got earn ya bones first. Bangs a good dude. if ya read the previous threads to check out people and conversation. your topic would have started congradulations on the twin girls Bang. My name is Sifisto. I am new to the forum. I Just bought a new mathews switch- back I love it shoots real good.[:)] what do you folks think of the switch back[?]
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Buckey I dont like to guess... which one was?

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Honest to god not cause it's mine but the lx was the quietest by far had a guy from work with me. I didden't even notice he did. So there goes the this years technology is far better than last years.[;)] Boy that dude pissed Bang off a'[:(!] I think he may have a better chance of survival on a 3d forum. [B)] "YOU go girl"
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    WOW, whata topic!

Buckey, any reasoning behind your lx being quieter? Like better after market accessories or something like that.
    Better not bring up the experience you and gogolen had, that was some bad times. [;)]

So sifisto split or what? He just started posting pictures, new ones we haven't all seen before even. [:(]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have no clue[:o)] why it was quieter. all I have is stabilizer, string leaches, and biscuit. Maybe my arrows are heavier. I know the other bows are about 5" shorter. I really like the look of the switchback but lx shoots nice going to keep it. I was making a statment of what someone else noticed I think to really compare the three together they all need to be set up to the same poundage same arrow weight so on and so forth. I like a quiet bow I think it gives me more confidence. On the oher hand my Darton sounded like a 22 when going off and killed plenty of deer with it. who know just have fun.[;)]
  • Options
    regnar375regnar375 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey bang.

This is my first time posting here and if everyone is like you I dont think I will be back. The guy is shooting a swithcback. By no means is that a 3d bow, never mind a compentition bow. But of course you are a hunter so you should know that the SB is a hunting bow. Lighten up bud. The guy has a new toy and is showing it off.

You are even more arogant than what you say he is with your statement, "Nice, bet my OLD $150 dollar bow has killed just as many deer as that has".

If he is the new guy you must be the old grumpy man that gripees about everything.

rltw
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Speaking of new guys who come out arogant, regnar375! You see Bang has been on this board for some time now and you can ask anyone that has been here he is not what YOU THE OTHER NEW GUY says or think!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We all on here enjoy how we are doing on here and don't need some piece of crap to join and ruin what most of these down to earth nice people have built here. So as you say who if everyone on here is as Bang is, GUESS WHAT PAL, BYE BYE!!!!![^]

BAG IT. TAG IT. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT..
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey regnar375 your not comming back. Oh man I'm not going to sleep tonite.[:)] If he's that good why does he feel the need to come on this forum as a newbie and brag to a bunch of folks he dosen't even know.[:o)] I got to admit you got a set of balls[8][8] trying to defend him. Were just a bunch of dumb yee ha ha ha's on this forum that know how to meat on the table. Sorry we dont live up to your standards. If you guys are that good[?] lets see some pictures of your hunting sucess. Yea I'm calling your bluff.[:0] Put you money where your mouth is bet we never see ya again.