In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Help! Buckeyboy

buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
I Talked with several outfitters in Illinois the other day. It appears I may not be able to get a tag. If I can it will be $450.00 or more. Do any of you have a good reference on where I can go this year for my archey hunt vacation. will travel just about anywhere.

Comments

• Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    ummmmm well what do you want to hunt? We dont have big deer down here but have some awsome hog hunting and some decent bear hunting. Out of state tags are not that expensive here.
    http://georgiawildlife.dnr.state.ga.us/content/displaycontent.asp?txtDocument=31

Ya got to let us know what kind of hunting you want to do.

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Are you not going to the same place that you went last year?

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Cub's preseason is on!!!
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Wanta go to Colorado for Elk? I've been thinking about it, but I should spend the money on something else, but I sure would like to go. I can pull my papers and see what tags are now. I believe they are $450

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Is that $450 total for all tags and licenses?

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Cub's preseason is on!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yep, $450 for a bull only tag then $250 for a cow only or a mule deer(no does, bucks only).
    Those were in 2003 I think so it's probably a little more now. There isn't any seperate hunting license if that is what your meaning Ben. Just buy the one. I didn't apply for the drawings last year or this year so rules may have changed, but it is normally extremely simple.
    Worst part is driving out there and figuring out the boundaries of the zone your hunting. [:D]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Keep me posted when you find out about colorado. Gagirl I want to archery hunt for a good buck. Illinois hunt doubled in price thats even if I can get a tag. Ben thats why I'm not going back to Illinois.[:(]
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Elk would be fun! I think I am gonna go after a bear this year.

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Guess what[B)] I got fustrated. Called my outfitter in North Dakota and booked Oct 9th thru the 16th not cheap but Ive been twice and know what I'm getting there are some monsters there only 15 miles from the Saskatuan border.[:D][:D] Check out his site .

www.xstreamadventures.com My picture is in album 5 or 6
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ND_bowhunting_05.jpg

Isn't this you Buckey?
    I'll go check on Colorado.

• Options
    edited November -1
    http://wildlife.state.co.us/hunt/season_dates_fees.asp#licensefees

Sure is cheap to hunt in Colorado if you live there. Just gotta convience the wife it's for the better. [:D]

• Options
    edited November -1
    Thats my brother. Did ya get that one off the site. [?] he's got some nice deer up there[;)] I'm in album #5 second row dow on the far left.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yep it came off that site in either 5 or 6. Least I got the family right, that was pretty close. [:D]

• Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Suspension
    Yep it came off that site in either 5 or 6. Least I got the family right, that was pretty close. [:D]

Only difference in those brothers is one is a bit uglier[:D][:D]

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by taco413

Only difference in those brothers is one is a bit uglier[:D][:D]

[:0][:0][:D]

• Options
    edited November -1
    I will remember that Vincent,[}:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Vincent, Vinnie, you two scare me plus I never know what name your going by! Geez! [:p]

• Options
    hornethornet Member Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try Alabama or Mississippi. A 5 day tag cost around $120.00. There are several places that you can hunt for 3 days for about $350.00, this includes meals. There are some fine white tail in the Delta of Mississippi and the Black belt area of Alabama
    If you want to go on a great bear hunt I can set you up with an outfiter in Saskatchewan Canada. I have hunted with him twice, fist bear was Pope & Young, second bear was avrage. Great hunt, great fishing. Just let me know and I will give you the details. bkt76rpt79@aol.com

Hornet
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Suspension
    Vincent, Vinnie, you two scare me plus I never know what name your going by! Geez! [:p]

Better than being called Suzy or Cybil[:D][:D]

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • Options
    hedgehopper62hedgehopper62 Member Posts: 636 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wisconsin has some nice bucks i hunt non-res i think fees are 165.00 season is oct.-dec.i have some property there and hunt both bow and rifle.there is a lot of public land in area where i hunt also.
    tks. hedge
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks to all for the replies. I am going to North Dakota this one more time[:p] My brother is getting married and I am going to pay his way. the outfitter has become a friend[:)] and gave me a pretty good deal. I definatly can't afford to go there on a yearly basis. Colorado and Wisconsin are very appealing to me.[:)] I am going to start checking them out and next year will most likely go there.[;)]Thank's again to all that responded.
  • Options
    ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Buckey, when are you going? And needless to say we need pics!!!!

I've heard of Vinnie Vincent and Vince Neil but not Vincent Vinnie![:o)]

BAG IT. TAG IT. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT..
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Oct 9th thru the 16th. will get pix.[;)]