In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Arrow question?

taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
Buckeys question got me to thinking,(I know i'm leaving myself WIDE open on this) What arrows do you shoot, and what is the most popular in yer neck of the woods? I personally shoot Goldtip 75-95 Expeditions. I did buy a dozen 55-75 Goldtip traditional arrows cause I got a helluva price on them. They are cedar wrapped and cool looking.

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!

Comments

• buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Yea, I always buy my arrows cause they look cool. "You fag"[B)]
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [:0][:0][:0][B)]
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Target shooting I use these
    http://www.goldtip.com/products/family.asp?cid=5-1D2A3285-C550-4D31-970B-C46174815B46&rnd=133350229

Hunting I use these
    http://www.goldtip.com/products/product.asp?pid=24-D649B390-411C-4B86-822C-216F1D9C3B3C&rnd=133351574

Both with feathers, and both with 100 gr tips.
    Arrow length 28 1/2" I really like the 22's they are super lightweight and have a big OD.
    edited November -1
    I got the traditional looking arrows to shoot 3-D with, had them fletched with 2 treebark brown and 1 treebark black 4" feathers. They were last years and the guy knocked em down to 50 bucks out the door ready to shoot, couldn't pass them up. Gogo, ya seen those goldtip zebra striped arrows they're putting out?

• RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Beeman 40/70 Hunter (w/85 grain broadheads).....bought them years ago, can't seem to loose them or wear them out.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Carbon force Dominator 200 w/ 100 gr. Rocket.

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nope I haven't seen the zebra striped arrows. I have always been more fond of the plain black arrows.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Thats because your not Gay[;)] and Taco is Gay[B)][:0][:0][:0][:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gogolen
    Nope I haven't seen the zebra striped arrows. I have always been more fond of the plain black arrows.

I guess they are a signature model for Nugent, I saw them at gun show, ugly lookin things.

• headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    BLACK CARBON ONES WITH A YELLOW COCK FETHER AND ORANDE OTHERS I FORGOT THE NAME OF THEM, BUT THE BOW SHOP IN MY AREA IS SELLING THOSE EASTON AXIS ONES AND ALOT OF PEOPLE HAVE BEEN BUYING THEM JUST A TAD EXPENSIVE FOR ME RIGHT NOW AT 110 BUCKS A DOZEN

My old man's backhand used to land,
    Hard on the side of my head.
    I just learned to stay out of his way.
    There's been streetfights, blue lights,
    Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest:
    It just showed me how much I could take.
    Hard times, bad luck.
    Sometimes, life sucks.
    That's all right, I'm ok.
    It ain't nothin' but another day.
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    eastma4.gif

I'm using Easton 2117, XX75's with two green and one orange 4" fletchings. Most people around here still use aluminum, not many carbon arrows uses.
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    yeah suspension, I use the same arrows. [:D] Do you purcase them already fletched with inserts? My dad has been purchasing ours, and I fletch his for home and put inserts in, then I don't have to buy my arrows. The hours it takes to fletch and insert them makes up for his lose in his money.
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14
    yeah suspension, I use the same arrows. [:D] Do you purcase them already fletched with inserts? My dad has been purchasing ours, and I fletch his for home and put inserts in, then I don't have to buy my arrows. The hours it takes to fletch and insert them makes up for his lose in his money.

Yes, I buy them complete, the shop I deal with throws the extras in for free. I don't think they do it because of my archery habit, but my firearms habit they really seem to like. [:D]