In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mathews lx question

buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
If you guys and gals remember just befor my trip to Illinois last year I was shooting the sq and had some torn tendons in my elbow so I purchaced the mathews lx went from 72 lbs on the sq to 60lbs on the lx. I am shooting 27" carbon express 300's with 100gr tips. to get a little more speed do you guys think the carbon express 200 would be too light I know I will be sacrificing some enegry for speed. This may be a good one for the Gog.

Comments

• Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am going to be nice for a change and let someone else make a comment[:D][:D] As for going to a 200, I think you'd be alright but I am like you and think gogo might have the answer you're looking for. I shoot Goldtips 75-95 just to have a little more weight, but I could shoot the 55-75's without hurting anything on my bow. What is the weight difference on the two sizes?

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • Options
    gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would stick with the 300's. Droping down to the 200's will only save you 21.6 grains at that you will hardly notice a gain in speed. However if you use the CX arrow selection chart they recomend the 200's for your arrow length and draw weight. In short I wouldn't spend the money on new arrows unless you needed them.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks Taco and GoG I wasan't sure if it would be worth the change.appriciate the input. Taco I didden't miss the strokers elbow comment. man you been on me like a tick Im'a gonna havt'a put a match to ya get ya to back off.[}:)][B)]
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    Thanks Taco and GoG I wasan't sure if it would be worth the change.appriciate the input. Taco I didden't miss the strokers elbow comment. man you been on me like a tick Im'a gonna havt'a put a match to ya get ya to back off.[}:)][B)]

All in fun bro, please don't take it serious. From now on i'll behave myself and refrain from any comments that would seem bad.

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • Options
    ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ya right Taco!![;)]

BAG IT. TAG IT. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT..
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    What?!? Guys in the NE don't whack the weasel?

Ben[:D][;)]

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Cub's preseason is on!!!
  • Options
    ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [:D][:D]

BAG IT. TAG IT. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT..
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No we get some redneck broad to wack it for us.[^][;)]
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    [:D][:D][:D]"Hey Mary Jo, would you put down that darn cigarette, it already smells like burnt jerky in here!!!"[:p][:p][:p]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:0]