In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Dr. Vet Bang, need deer dog help!

SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
Dr. Bang, maybe you can help me out with a question on my chocolate lab archery deer dog (had to keep it in the subject[;)]). The last two maybe three weeks he has been limping, but only after he runs hard. He can run around all evening in the yard playing normal, but if he takes off out through the field and runs hard then after he lays awhile he can barely stand on his right rear leg. Give him a few hours and alls better again with no limp at all. I swear I think sometimes he is only doing it for attention because my wife really babies him when he limps, but he does it after he runs hard then lays down for a while. Last night he ran around while I rode the 4-wheeler, never limped until we got back to the house and he had been laying on the floor for an hour then he got up and couldn't stand on his right rear leg. [?] thoughts, should we just trade him in? [:D]

Comments

• bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    yes trade him quickly before he cost you more money than the wife.[:D]

Again my work is mainly with parasites. I'm no Dr. I just work with them. I'm the just the lab director, I couldn't afford the school to be a dr. [V]. However if you give me a little time I will show your post to a small animal Dr. and see what he thinks. I am actually off work tomorrow so it may be Monday if thats ok. If you need an answer ASAP I can call him. If I were to guess I would say it is something that will pass. He is still fairly young right? I will get you the best answers I can from one of the top Docs though.

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    He's been limping for 2 or 3 weeks now, you think I'm in a hurry? Heck no! [:D] not even sure if his shots are current or not. Gunnar is 16 or 17 months old now. I kinda thought it was something that would pass, but it started suddenly and hasn't gone away yet. Seemed weird. You being the only person I know that is close to the veternarian scene, you where my pick to ask. [;)]
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I sent an email to Dr. Paul and he suggested having him looked at. He said it is hard to say what it could be, maybe nothing or maybe something. Without examining the animal he said he really couldn't say what the problem could be.

good luck.

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Quit kicking him and he will get better [;)]

but anyway... remember the last time you sprained something? Hopefully thats all it is, and that can take several weeks.

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif
    edited November -1
    Thanks!!

gagirl, I will try to stop kicking him, that might work, but I can't tell how much self control I'll have. [:D][:D] That crazy dog would probably knock my a$% out if I kicked him. [:D]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Quit feedin him yer beer and he'll be walkin straight in a week[:D]

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by taco413
    Quit feedin him yer beer and he'll be walkin straight in a week[:D]

[:D][:D] Better tell my wife not me, she was giving him rum/coke last night, poor dog. [:D]
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Suspension
    [:D][:D] Better tell my wife not me, she was giving him rum/coke last night, poor dog. [:D]

Tell you wife to come over here, I need some of that.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14
    quote:Originally posted by Suspension

Tell you wife to come over here, I need some of that.

[:0] No way!! [:D]