In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Whisker Biscuit ?

hadjiihadjii Member Posts: 976 ✭✭
I'm thinking of buying a whisker biscuit rest for my bow. Can anybody tell me how they like them, or how they don't like them. What's the general opinion of how good of a rest they are?

Comments

• Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Welcome:
    My personal opinion[:o)] and I have had one for 4 years now, I love it. Easy to tune, arrow wont fall off a rest. Does not effect arrow flight, you may lose 1 to 2 feet per second.

Mathews bow
    Whisker biscuit
    Muzzy broadheads.
    honda atv all tried and true. Cant go wrong.'
    *** Note: If you do decide to buy one buy the one with the cut out side and the new softer bricles.[;)]
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    hadjii- Absolutely love it, I don't ever have to worry about an arrow falling off the rest again. Imo it rocks.

taco -I didn't intend to imply anything by saying "ROCKS"[;)]

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v507/bang250/Doe04.jpg
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do any of your guys rest make noise? That is what I would be worried about with those rest.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    No noise from my, quiet as a feather.[;)]

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v507/bang250/Doe04.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No Noise at all, Buy one if your not happy with it I'll buy it from you thats how sure I am that you will love it.[;)]
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    Im happy with mine

My old man's backhand used to land,
    Hard on the side of my head.
    I just learned to stay out of his way.
    There's been streetfights, blue lights,
    Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest:
    It just showed me how much I could take.
    Hard times, bad luck.
    Sometimes, life sucks.
    That's all right, I'm ok.
    It ain't nothin' but another day.
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Love mine, quiet and I wouldn't have any other kind of rest.

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    hadjii, Did ya get one yet.[?]
  • Options
    instrumentofwarinstrumentofwar Member Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have one question. How do you need to adjust your fletching methods. I shoot r/t helical off a Bodoodle Timberest right now. I have been thinking about switching to the WB, but saw a fletching jig with a 2deg offset and no twist was recommended. Is it still practical to shoot a helical fletched arrow with this rest, or must I buy new fletching jigs?

Picture024.jpg
  • Options
    hadjiihadjii Member Posts: 976 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    To Buckeyboy, nope I haven't got one yet, but with all the good opinions from you experts, I will definitely have one before the summer. Thanks to all who answered. Isn't this message forum awesome. The answer to any question on earth is only a message away.
  • Options
    furhollerfurholler Member Posts: 780 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good advice. I've been thinking of getting one also.[8D]

"Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains...No free government, or the blessings of liberty, can be preserved to any people but by a firm adherence to justice, moderation, temperance, frugality, and virtue: and by a frequent recurrence to fundamental principles."-Patrick Henry
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by instrumentofwar
    I have one question. How do you need to adjust your fletching methods. I shoot r/t helical off a Bodoodle Timberest right now. I have been thinking about switching to the WB, but saw a fletching jig with a 2deg offset and no twist was recommended. Is it still practical to shoot a helical fletched arrow with this rest, or must I buy new fletching jigs?

Picture024.jpg
    No you can shoot just about anything through the biscuit without any effect. I think if you switch to the biscuit you will find you don't need that helical.. provided your bow is set up properly.[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hadjii
    To Buckeyboy, nope I haven't got one yet, but with all the good opinions from you experts, I will definitely have one before the summer. Thanks to all who answered. Isn't this message forum awesome. The answer to any question on earth is only a message away.
    Thank's for the quick reply. I don't know about being experts[:0] we are all pracital hunters and just try to use the products that are the most trouble free and work well in the field. hope to see ya around the forum.[;)]
  • Options
    sifistosifisto Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    [:D]Wisker buscuit is a great rest for the practical hunter. It will not fall off the rest in a hunting/nor practice situation. It is somewhat silent, and the resistance on the arrow is minimal. You will not have any problems what so ever deer hunting with it. Remember to keep the cock feather up when shooting. The black bristles on the bottom center of the buscuit are stiffer to help keep up your shaft. Also,before buying choose aluminum or carbon arrows option(the carbon is naturally a smaller diameter hole).
    I had a WB rest, but opted for a fall away for these reasons.
    When shooting with a WB rest, upon release your arrow has to pass entirely through the rest while you hold it perfectly motionless..there is friction although minimal the entire length of the shaft.Sooner or later you will see the effect of this on your accuracy. ****Keep an open mind, and secrets will be poured onto you. For simple everyday hunting, and casual target practice the WB will not fail you. You will shoot good, but not your best.
    A fall away rest will allow you to shoot your best for this simple reason. Upon release, the rest falls and the shaft has no restrictions or drag on it what so ever; the arrow will fly true every time. Your accuracy will improve because you have removed the variable of keeping your hand dead still as with the WB.Keep in mind your follow through should be the same using any rest. Although arrow flight takes place in near milliseconds, you will see a tremendous difference in your accuracy overall shooting with a fall away rest. Either rest will not fail you, if you had the chance or opportunity to shoot both ; I'd be certain of your final decision. sifisto.
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    IOW--I shoot with a right helical through my whisker biscuit. Go with the newest version of the WB that has the softer brown bristles all around with the stiffer black ones on the bottom (for arrow support). It wears less on your fletching. Also, put a bead of glue at the front edge of your fletching to prevent separation from the shaft. I shot mine 2 - 3 times/week between last March and last November and never had a problem.

It's my experience that I will break/lose an arrow before its fletching is damaged by the whisker biscuit if you put that little bead of glue at the front edge of the fletching. Heck, shoot a nice big B&C buck....lose control of all * functions from the excitement.....and you've got whisker biscuit 'n' gravy. [:0]

Hmm...my uniform smells like perfume now. Sorry...was distracted in the middle of the post.
  • Options
    gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am probably the only one here who doesn't like them but then again I like to shoot feathers. I am of the opinion that a drop away rest is the way to go.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Drop away is definatly the best no contact rest. which in the real world is the best. Nothing to effect speed, vanes,or arrow flight. for 3D and target I would also choose drop away but for hunting nobody's gett'en my biscuit[;)]
  • Options
    hornethornet Member Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Most of the guys I hunt got rid of there wisker biscuits. They did not like the way thay shot. They did like there arrow staying put while not at full draw but there bows did not seem to shoot as well with the biscuit. They all went back to a fork rest. They shot different types of bows so it was not just one type of bow.

Hornet
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hornet, There bows can't be set up right. no offence[:I] intended . I have had the biscuit on three diffrent bows and all shoot well.[:)] I would be the first one to say if it were a piece of doo doo.[:0] Hey man what ever works for each guy keeps everybody happy[;)] and keeps the dollar flowing in all directions. appriciate the input.[;)]
  • Options
    featheredcoyotefeatheredcoyote Member Posts: 53 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Had a clean miss at 20 yds because when I drew back, arrow went down between whiskers. They seem to have had several complaints because an upgrade has been instituted. There good for hunting, but I wouldn't recommend for target shooting
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The only way the arrow can go down between the whiskers is if your nocking point is way out of wack or the biscuit is damaged or your useing lead arrows. I have never heard of that happening are ya sure thats not the excuse ya thought up for choking.[B)] Just razzing ya dude.[:D][:D]
  • Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    I have a Trap door. Had problems keeping the arrow on with the wind that seems to blow constantly out here. Caused me to miss an opportunity at a nice buck. I started researching all of the options similar to a biscuit and had decided tht the biscuit was the right choice. But before I bought one, it occurred to me that at least once a season I'm out there hunting in blizzard/semi-blizzard/freezing sleet conditions and decided an iced up biscuit would not be a good idea which of course ruled out all the others as well. I checked the website for my trp door, and sure enough, their third modified improvement to the launcher was available, (I had already upgraded to the second modification but it was little improvement on the original) The third design is a good one however and I don't any problems anymore. Maybe I was wrong about the ice-up factor??? Anybody have any experience with this potential problem?

jpwolf.gifawcountdown_sm.gif

"If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace" -Thomas Paine

If the people have become so apathetic that they will not vote out all the liberal scum (republican and democrat alike), the only solution is Constitutional Convention II the sequel. Let's get it right this time.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsel or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands of those who feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you. May posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    - Samuel Adams
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ive been out in some pretty snotty conditions.[xx(] and have not had a spesific problem yet. however I have stayed out on days that were horrible[B)] no matter what equipment ya have your wasting your time. Bow cams are iced, arrows all full of ice beads, the arrow rest would probley be the least problem in times like these.[:)]