In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I couldn't resist.......

SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
After work tonight I had some time to kill before I picked up dinner (chicken and hot sauce [:p]). So what better place to kill time than the outdoor shop down the rode from work. [:D] I was in there checking out their latest guns when I started listening in on the conversation a store worker and another customer where having next to me. The guy wanted them to take a crossbow plus some cash for a used shotgun they had. I looked at the gun and sorta laughed to myself because it wasn't worth the cash he was offering. [:D][:D] Being the bargain shopper I am though, I followed the guy to the parking lot after the clerk told him no deal and asked what kinda crossbow he had. Horton legend, he said it was 175# and he bought it new 3 years ago. It looks like this, but no red dot scope, it has a Horton scope on it.

23_1_b.JPG

It has some surface rust on the rail, other than that not a single scratch anywhere. He gave me a zip up carring case, quiver, 8 arrows (4 with broad heads), some goofing looking cocking device, and a nylon sling (which I need for a .22 [;)]) He had to have $175 so he could get his gun, so why he took $140 is beyond me. [:D][:D] I thought I'd sell it on gunbroker and make a little off it, but now I think I'll keep it, least for a little while. [:D]

Comments

• DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good Deal! I'd find it hard to pass on a deal like that...Usually find em when I'm broke though![V] Do you use a x-bow???...I don't like em, Had 2 in the past but I keep going back to my bow.

Ruric, NE OHIO,
  • JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,467 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If the limbs are ok, yu got a deal. Probablyl worth $440.00 new, and $340.00 used? I might be $30.00 high without a scope.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    You da man! [;)]

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    nothing like making a 100 percent profit on it.
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    DIRTYRAT, I don't use a crossbow, might try it now though. I like shooting this thing, pretty neat. I have a really really old horton that a buddy of mine uses (i think), and I have a ten point crossbow that I picked up cheap last year and gave to my nephew to use. Now I got one just for me. [:D]

bang, if I could only convenience evertone else of that to. [;)][:D][:D]. Did you and enos ride today, man it was hot around here, darn near to hot for riding, but the mud cooled things down some. [:)]
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I do the same thing at my friends pawn shop, with his permission that is[:D] He'll shoot them a price and if they won't take it i'll meet them outside and try making a deal. It's called being a vulture Susp.[:D][:D]

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Suspension
    He gave me a zip up carring case, quiver, 8 arrows (4 with broad heads),

Uhhhhhhh....
    LETS GET THE TERMINOLOGY CORRECT!!!

Those long pointy things are called BOLTS, not arrows!!!!!!!!

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by salzo
    quote:Originally posted by Suspension
    He gave me a zip up carring case, quiver, 8 arrows (4 with broad heads),

Uhhhhhhh....
    LETS GET THE TERMINOLOGY CORRECT!!!

Those long pointy things are called BOLTS, not arrows!!!!!!!!

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man

He never gave me any stinkin bolts, or nuts or washers for that matter. [:D][:D] Okay okay, I received 8 bolts. [;)]
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I didn't, I spent my weekend building a front porch roof and tearing of old roof off my house. Of course nothing ever works out right and I have 2-1/2 days of work and I am only half done, sun burnt and tired. But it's starting to look cool. [:D]

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by taco413
    It's called being a vulture Susp.[:D][:D]

[:D][:D]

bang, roofing? [xx(] I worked on a roofing crew for three summers, we mainly installed rubber roofs. My intake on roofing....well I can't say it on here. [:D] Sucks!! least your half done and it looks good. [:D]
  • ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well we (I) got a break from helping with the roof today. Had the boys and the weather isn't the nicest today here. I did a little riding sunday, but most of it was just to and from Bangs house to help(get sun burnt[:D]).

BAG IT. TAG IT. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT..
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ENOS29
    to help(get sun burnt[:D]).

to help lift 12 ounces I'll bet is more like it. [;)]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [:0][:D][:D][:D]

BAG IT. TAG IT. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT..