In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

wondered what you thought

SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
I've been thinking about putting in a new garage door and opener to keep my bow and arrows safe from harms way. ([;)], deals with archery now). Anyway, I've put up and helped put up a few doors and openers and always thought it was a royal pain in the butt. This time I think I'm just gonna have the pro's do everything. Had a place stop today and quote me $1480 for a new door R14 insulated, top row of windows, and new opener. All I do is write them a check and they do everything else. Seems awful high to me, I was figuring more like $900, what do you all think?
The door is a Wayne Dalton and the opener is a Genie.

Comments

• Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is awfully high. It would be 5 years now, but my dad had the door on the shop installed (22x18) for around 1500. Installation itself only cost about 300 if I remember right, the rest was for the door.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    this ones 7' x 13', glad we agree the prce is to high. Now I have to find someone who enjoys putting garage doors up, so they caqn help me. [:D] Any takers?? [;)]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I would come help if you didn't live so dern far away. installing openers is a piece of cake. Never done the door but can't be to hard.
    Look in the directions I believe it says "you must have barley sodas to install"[;)]
    Wish I could help [:(]

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    HKmanHKman Member Posts: 291 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd love to help but it would be kinda tough from commi-fornia, so I'll just wish you luck.[:(]...[:D] Have fun! no, really I mean it!!!

By the way, I agree the price was way to high for a 7'X 13'.[V]

"There are those who make things happen, those that watch things happen and those that say, what happend?"

AC Tactical
  • Options
    gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Susp,
    Where are you at again? I am just south of Indianapolis until August for business, wow I am really hungover. If you live close enough I will run out there one weekend to give ya a hand
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks all!

gogolen, appreciate the offer. I'm in central Ohio, about 5 hours from Indy. I wouldn't want to to drive that far and get hung over again. [:D]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Sounds VERY high to me. We are about to replace 2 doors on our shop. One is a 2 car door and the other a single. What the exact sizes are I have no idea... anyway we checked prices and with elecrtic openers we are only looking at between 1000-1250 total. We are installing them and going for high end doors.

They are not hard to install if you have help. The opener is simple. If a girl can do it....you can too....[;)]

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My stomach is doing hoola hoops around my butt
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gogolen
    My stomach is doing hoola hoops around my butt

there is no emoticon for rolling on the floor is there?
    Sorry you feel bad but it is a funny image....

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just need 5 o'clock to roll around so I can get a little hair of the dog and a nap
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey gogo, how far south of Indy are you?

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Franklin about 20 miles south of Indy 10 miles south of greenwood
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gagirl
    If a girl can do it....you can too....[;)

I don't know about that. Patience does not play much part in my life. [:D]

quote:My stomach is doing hoola hoops around my butt

[?][?] how can that be [?] [:D][:D]